Vehicle Rollover Accidents
Sport Utility Vehicles (SUV) are some of the most popular vehicles on the road today. From compact, fuel-efficient crossovers to powerful full-size SUVs, more and more consumers are buying into the sport utility vehicle market. While SUVs are widely popular, these vehicles tend to have a higher center of gravity than sedans and other more traditional vehicles, putting them at a greater risk of a rollover crash.
When an SUV, truck or any other type of motor vehicle flips over onto its roof or side, catastrophic injuries and fatalities are more likely to occur. Broken limbs, spinal cord injuries, amputations, and burns are just a few of the physical harms that occupants of the vehicle are likely to sustain. In addition to the pain and suffering, rollover crash victims often face substantial medical expenses and may be off work for an extended period as they try to recover from their injuries.
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a rollover crash, it is important to seek advice from an experienced Boca Raton motor vehicle accident lawyer. Attorney Gregg Hollander, the founder of Hollander Law Firm, is a well-respected car accident attorney who knows what it takes to win these types of complex cases. Gregg has more than 25 years of experience providing aggressive representation to SUV and car crash victims throughout the South Florida region. Whether your rollover accident occurred on Florida’s busy interstates or a local street in Boca Raton, West Palm Beach or Fort Lauderdale, attorney Hollander will fight to hold the responsible parties liable for your injuries and damages.Parities Liable in a Rollover Crash
Rollover crashes tend to be complex cases with multiple parties potentially liable for the victim’s injuries, including:
- The motorist who caused the crash
- The designer, manufacturer or dealer of a defective vehicle or vehicle part
- Municipalities, government agencies and/or construction companies where the accident was due to a road defect
Determining the responsible parties in a vehicle rollover case requires extensive investigation and analysis. These cases involve very complicated facts that are best handled by a seasoned Boca Raton motor vehicle accident lawyer. An experienced attorney can identify and evaluate all the evidence in the case to ensure that all liable parties are held accountable for your losses.
While some people may think that they can handle the accident claim on their own, it is critical to have legal counsel on your side when you are injured in an SUV or vehicle rollover accident. Because multiple parties may be to blame, including the automaker, insurance companies are likely to put up a powerful fight to avoid paying fair compensation to the accident victims. These companies are well known for making lowball settlement offers that do not even come close to compensating the victims for their injuries and damages. A skilled auto accident lawyer can level the playing field to ensure you get the maximum financial recovery you are entitled to.How Much are You Entitled to Recover?
When coping with the effects of a rollover accident, how do you know whether a settlement offer reflects “just compensation” for your injuries? In order to avoid accepting a lowball settlement, it is absolutely essential that you have a comprehensive understanding of losses you are entitled to recover. In addition to proving liability and negotiating with the insurance companies on your behalf, calculating just compensation is one of the most important ways that an experienced Boca Raton motor vehicle accident lawyer can help with your claim.
Regardless of what company is liable for the accident, you are entitled to compensation for all of the financial and non-financial losses you incur as a result of your injuries. The only exception is if another driver was at fault and your injuries are minor—in this scenario, you may be limited to the $10,000 limit of your personal injury protection (PIP) policy.
However, due to the nature of rollover accidents, victims’ injuries tend to be severe, and in most cases victims will be able to seek full compensation for their accident-related losses, which includes losses such as:
- Hospital and doctors’ bills – As an accident victim in Florida, you can recover compensation for all of the medical expenses you incur for treatment of your accident-related injuries.
- Prescription costs – You can also recover the costs of your pain medications and other prescriptions.
- Future treatment and prescription costs – In addition to your medical expenses through the date of your settlement or court verdict, you can recover compensation for your future treatment needs and prescription costs as well.
- Lost income and employment benefits – If your injuries have kept you out of work, you can recover compensation for the income and employment benefits you have been unable to earn due to your injuries.
- Future loss of earnings – Similar to medical expenses, you can also recover just compensation for your future loss of earnings, which is true whether you will be out of work for a year or the rest of your life.
- Pain, suffering and mental anguish – Florida law also entitles rollover accident victims to recover financial compensation for their current and future non-financial losses. This includes physical pain and suffering as well as mental anguish.
- Loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life – Loss of capacity for the enjoyment of life, loss of companionship and society, loss of consortium, and various other forms of non-financial loss can be recovered in Florida vehicle rollover accident cases as well.
Within each of these categories of loss, individual accident victims’ damages (the amount they are entitled to recover) can vary greatly. In order to determine how much you are entitled to recover, you will need to work closely with an experienced Boca Raton rollover accident attorney. With decades of experience helping individuals and families recover, attorney Gregg Hollander can work with you and your doctors to accurately calculate your losses, and he can make sure that you do not settle for less than you deserve.Contact a Boca Raton-Based SUV & Vehicle Rollover Accident Law Firm
When you are injured in a rollover accident you need an attorney who knows how to get fair compensation in challenging accident cases. Hollander Law Firm understands the unique issues associated with vehicle rollover accidents and is prepared to fight for your rights at every stage of the process.
Call our law offices today at (888) 751-7770 to learn how we can help. Hollander Law Firm is a personal injury law firm serving SUV and car accident victims throughout the South Florida region, including Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale.