West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
Our attorneys have almost three decades of experience in personal injury cases. We’ve recovered tens of millions for injured clients hurt in West Palm Beach car accidents, motorcycle accidents, West Palm Beach truck accidents, slip and fall accidents, wrongful death in West Palm Beach, and other types of accident cases in West Palm Beach. We’re ready to put our tried-and-true strategies to work on your case.
We work on contingency; you won’t pay any attorney’s fees unless we win compensation for you first.
Table of Contents
Why Hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers To Handle My Personal Injury Case in West Palm Beach, FL?
A West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer can help you maximize the value of your compensation. You will get:
- Experience and results. Our founding attorney, Gregg Hollander, has over 28 years of practice in personal injury matters. He’s recovered tens of millions for clients throughout Florida. Insurance providers will pay attention when you have us on your side.
- Award-winning representation. Gregg Hollander has been recognized by top legal organizations for his outstanding advocacy. He’s earned an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, a 10.0 rating from Avvo, and a 10.0 rating on Justia — the highest possible rating for each. You can trust that he knows how to make the most of your case.
- A chance to focus on healing. You need time to rest after your tragedy. Unfortunately, that can be hard if you are also trying to pursue a claim. We can manage all the legal aspects so you can center your attention on resting.
The stakes are high after an incident. You may have unexpected medical expenses; you may lose wages while you get better. You may wonder how you are supposed to support yourself and your family if you can’t work.
Fortunately, you may be able to obtain compensation if someone else is responsible for your mishap.
Contact us to get started. We’re standing by to help with your demand.
Visit Our West Palm Beach, Florida Personal Injury Law Firm or Call Us at (561) 556-7873 to Get a Free Case Review
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers
319 Clematis St Suite 203, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Phone: (561) 556-7873
Hours: Open 24 hours daily
Areas Served: West Palm Beach, FL
Do I Have a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Case?
You may also have a strict liability claim if you were injured by a dog bite or defective product.
You must have sustained damages to be eligible to submit a claim. A personal injury lawyer can help you establish whether you have a case. They will help you explore your options and identify possible liable parties. Contact our law firm in West Palm Beach.
Why Should I Hire a West Palm Beach Personal Injury Lawyer?
Hiring a personal injury lawyer often increases the compensation you’ll receive in a claim or lawsuit.
Here are just a few reasons to have an experienced attorney advocating for you:
- Level the playing field: Insurers are used to fighting claims and implementing tactics to undervalue and deny them. A lawyer will ensure that you’re on equal footing and obtain fair compensation.
- Access to leading experts: A skilled attorney has access to different specialists, such as accident reconstructionists, financial specialists, medical professionals, and more. These specialists may be pivotal to proving the extent of your damages and how your wounds affect your life.
- You’ll be blamed: Defendants will try to make you accountable for causing the accident to limit their monetary liability. We’ll push back to make sure that you get the money you need.
- You need to rest: After an accident, you’re likely dealing with pain and emotional anguish. Let us fight on your behalf so that you can focus on recovering and resting.
Contact us for a free appointment to see how we can help you get back on your feet.
Handling All Personal Injury Cases in West Palm Beach, FL
With the abundance of beaches, shops, restaurants, and tourist attractions in Palm Beach County, traffic congestion is inevitable – and so are car accidents.
Whether you were in a fender bender or head-on collision, our West Palm Beach car accident lawyers are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve. Florida’s auto insurance requirements can be complicated, and you may have many avenues for compensation.
Truck Accident Litigation
Collisions with semi-trucks can cause debilitating injuries that impact your life forever. Unfortunately, because of the size and weight of these big rigs, passenger vehicle occupants often suffer the worst consequences in a truck accident.
You don’t have to take on insurers and trucking companies alone. Reach out to our West Palm Beach truck accident lawyers and let us help you secure the financial recovery you need.
Motorcycle Accident Litigation
Motorcycle accidents can cause TBI, especially when the rider isn’t wearing a helmet. If you were involved in a motorcycle collision caused by someone’s negligence, you may recover compensation for your damages.
Our West Palm Beach motorcycle accident attorneys are well-equipped to manage your claim against the negligent person that want to undervalue your compensation. Call us to get started.
Medical Malpractice Litigation
You expect to obtain exceptional medical services when you trust a healthcare company to provide care. Unfortunately, that isn’t always the right, and a healthcare professional may give substandard medical services that cause more damage.
If you’ve been the victim of medical malpractice, you require a West Palm Beach medical malpractice attorney on your side to fight hospitals, the insurance company and healthcare providers, and others. We’ll help you hold them liable.
Catastrophic Injury Litigation
This can include TBIs, spinal cord damage, amputation, internal organ damage, and severe burns. These injuries can happen in any type of accident, for example truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, slips and falls, and construction accidents in West Palm Beach.
While you take time to recover, let us get you compensation to repay you for your therapy costs, future healthcare expenses, suffering, and more. Call our West Palm Beach catastrophic injury attorneys today or fill out our contact form.
Nursing Home Abuse
You expect your loved one to receive compassionate, diligent care when you place them in a nursing home. However, nursing home abuse is all too common and can include physical abuse, psychological abuse, sexual assault, financial exploitation, and neglect.
If you or your loved one has been a victim of abuse in a long-term care facility, speak to our nursing home abuse lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL for assistance.
Losing a family member in an avoidable accident is devastating. While money won’t bring them back, it can help you with the economic and emotional losses you suffer because to their absence.
If you lost a loved one as a result of someone’s negligence, our West Palm Beach wrongful death attorneys can help you submit a wrongful death claim and recuperate compensation for your burial and funeral costs, loss of companionship, and loss of financial support.
Slip and Fall Accidents
Did you slip and fall on someone’s property? Whether you fell in a grocery store, restaurant, or amusement park, our team can help you obtain reimbursement for your damages and suffering. Property owners must maintain their premises in a reasonably safe condition. Contact our West Palm Beach slip and fall lawyers for help.
Other cases include:
- Bicycle accidents in West Palm Beach
- Product liability (defective product)
- Aviation accidents
- Boating accidents in West Palm Beach
- Cruise ship accidents in West Palm Beach
- Construction accidents in West Palm Beach, FL
- West Palm Beach Electric scooter accidents lawyer
- West Palm Beach Birth Injuries lawyer
- West Palm Beach Brain Injuries lawyer
- Uber & Lyft accidents
Call us today to learn more if you’ve been injured due to another person’s negligence or reckless actions.
What Is My West Palm Beach Personal Injury Case Worth?
It will depend on several factors, for example:
- The severity of your injuries
- The extent of your past and future medical treatment
- Your lost wages and diminished earning capacity, if any
- The pain you’ve experienced
- Available insurance coverages
- Whether you share fault for your accident
- The strength of your evidence
Unfortunately, no attorney can tell you your case’s value before analyzing your accident’s circumstances.
Generally, the more serious your injuries, the more your personal injury will be worth. The best way to know the precise value of your damages is by speaking to a personal injury attorney.
Can I Still Get Compensation if I Was Partly Responsible For the Accident?
Sharing blame for your accident may affect your claim. However, it will not prevent you from recovering compensation.
The state of Florida utilizes modified comparative fault rules to allocate fault in accidents involving more than one party. If you share responsibility for your accident, these rules will reduce the amount of compensation to account for your portion of the fault. If you share most of the fault, you will not be able to recover compensation.
For example, suppose you sustained $100,000 in damages after a driver runs through a red light and hits your car. Now, suppose a jury finds you 10% at fault because you were speeding. You will only be able to get $90,000 of your damages (90%), according to Florida’s contributory fault rules.
A personal injury attorney can help if you were partially responsible for your accident. They can guarantee you still get your equitable share of damages from the at-fault party.
Florida Personal Injury Statutes of Limitations
You won’t have an unlimited amount of time to make your claim. Florida imposes a statute of limitation that determines the deadline by which you must file.
These statutes help encourage injured victims to file their claims in a timely manner while evidence is still fresh and witnesses are still around.
Most personal injury cases in the state of Florida have a statute of limitations of two years. You must present your claim within two years of your accident, or it will be barred. The clock starts running on the date of your accident.
Not all claims have a four-year limit. It’s important you talk to an attorney to review the statute of limitations in your situation.
How Much Does it Cost to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL?
Most West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, meaning you pay them nothing unless they win a favorable settlement or verdict.
When you enter into an attorney-client relationship, you’ll agree upon a percentage (usually between 33-40%) that the lawyer will take from your awarded damages.
This allows injury victims to benefit from effective legal representation without worrying about whether they can afford the attorney’s services. It also gives attorneys an incentive to maximize the compensation they recover on your behalf.
Proven Personal Injury Case Results
Our award-winning personal injury attorneys have been fighting for injured clients since 1996. We have a proven track record of success, and our results speak for themselves:
- $4.5M wrongful death outcome following the perforation of a coronary artery during a catheter angiography and delay in diagnosis and treatment.
- $4.3M for an auto crash after a commercial vehicle ran a stop sign, striking our client’s SUV and causing spinal injury and paraplegia.
- $3.85M forklift accident verdict in favor of our client.
- $2.4M wrongful death outcome after a fatigued driver veered across the highway median and collided with two 18-wheelers, killing the rear-seat passenger instantly.
- $2M medical malpractice verdict after suffering brain damage because of an obstruction in her tracheostomy tube.
Our compassionate attorneys are dedicated to getting the compensation our clients and their families deserve after devastating accidents. Reach out to us to decide the best path forward. We represent people across Florida.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will My Personal Injury Case Go to Trial?
The majority of times, it will settle before that. However, whether it will ultimately go to trial will depend on the facts and circumstances of your situation.
Not all cases that make it to court will reach trial. Bringing it to court enables you to participate in the discovery process, which could unearth valuable facts to help bolster the value of your demand. That evidence could be enough to convince the other side to present a better settlement.
Our lawyers are here to protect your best interests, whether that means going to trial or not. Reach out today for assistance.
What Should I Do After an Accident?
Here are a few quick things to do:
- Collect evidence. Take down the contact information of the other persons involved. Take photos and video of the scene if possible; anything that could help document your accident.
- Stay at the scene. Leaving the scene could reduce the value of your compensation or even prevent you from pursuing it.
- Contact the authorities. Depending on the seriousness of the accident, this could be required by law. Calling 911 is usually the best course of action.
- Make no statements of fault. Do not make any statements of blame to anyone, as this could reduce your case’s value significantly.
Being in an accident is not easy. What you do after an accident could heavily affect your compensation down the line.
You should also speak to a lawyer as soon as possible. A lawyer can provide you with guidance in real-time.
Who Could Be Liable For My Injuries?
In most cases, there’s a liable party to pursue compensation from. Examples of liable parties include, but are not limited to:
- Careless drivers
- Truck drivers and companies
- Property Owners
- Governmental entities
It depends on the facts of the event, but one or more of the above could be liable.
How Long Will My Case Take?
All cases are different. Some resolve in weeks, while others can take much longer. That said, there are a few factors important to mention that tend to impact how long it takes:
- Willingness to negotiate. If the other faction is willing to negotiate a just agreement, that could allow your case to resolve more quickly.
- Availability of evidence. The more evidence there is to confirm your case, the better. An overwhelming amount of these can allow your case to resolve faster than it would otherwise.
- Complexity of the case. For example, if the other party is a large corporation, it could take longer.
- Whether the case reaches trial. If it makes it all the way to court, that will take more to resolve.
What Is the Personal Injury Claims Process?
The general process looks something like this:
- File an insurance claim. You’ll first file that with either your or the other party’s insurance company.
- Establish it’s value. This entails determining the cause of your afflictions and the extent of your damages.
- Send the other side a demand letter. You’ll then send a letter demanding compensation.
- Negotiate with the other party. Back-and-forth negotiations will then ensue. Ideally, you’ll get a favorable agreement.
- Make a lawsuit if necessary. If the other side does not negotiate in good faith, it might be necessary to bring it to court.
From being injured in a car crash or by a defective product, our legal team is more than capable of handling every step in the claims process.
What Is a Personal Injury Case?
It is a legal dispute that arises when a defendant intentionally or negligently causes harm to another person. It can manifest itself as physical wounds and psychological trauma.
The injured victim will generally file a claim with the applicable insurer first. If negotiations don’t work out, the victim can file a lawsuit, which may involve court appearances.
Discovery tools include:
- Requests for admission
- Requests for production of documents
What is Negligence and How Do I Prove It?
Most claims are based on negligence, meaning that the defendant acted unreasonably and caused harm to the plaintiff.
The four elements of negligence are:
- Duty of care: Most individuals owe others a duty of care to act with a reasonable degree of caution to avoid causing any damage. For example, motorists owe others sharing the road a duty of care to follow traffic regulations and drive safely to keep them from causing a collision.
- Breach of duty: The person breaches their duty of care when they fail to act reasonably under the circumstances. For example, if a driver is reading news on their phone while sitting in traffic and rear-ends someone, they’ve breached their duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s actions must have directly caused your injuries, and these must have been a foreseeable result of their conduct. For example, a distracted driver rear-ends you, causing whiplash. This was a direct result of the accident, and it’s a foreseeable result of distracted driving.
- Damages: You must have suffered injuries from the accident. If you were rear-ended but didn’t suffer any type of physical damage, you likely will not meet this element.
Injuries Resulting From Negligence
Many different types of injuries can arise after an accident.
Some are more common than others; it depends on the type of accident.
The most common are:
- Head injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Nerve damage
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Shoulder injury
- Eye injury
- Deep vein thrombosis
If you were injured, you may be entitled to compensation. Get in touch with us to know more about your legal rights.
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident?
If you choose to get a lawyer to represent you, you can expect them to:
- Thoroughly investigate your accident, how it happened and who caused it.
- Do all communications and negotiations with the insurance company or other opposing party.
- Enlist the help of leading experts to build your case and demonstrate the scale of your injuries.
- Fight against allegations of unfair blame and other tactics they do to undervalue or contradict your claim.
- Litigate in court if the opposing faction refuses to offer a fair settlement.
One of the first things you do after an accident should be to speak to an experienced lawyer for a free evaluation. They’ll evaluate and confirm if you have a valid claim for damages.
Insurance companies are in the business of making money, and having an attorney usually yields a higher financial award for the injured. Our team has helped clients get compensation for their medical bills and other damages. Call us today or send us an email to review your case.
Contact Our Skilled West Palm Beach Personal Injury Attorneys at (561) 556-7873 For Legal Help
Our attorneys understand what you and your family are going through.
We want you to take the break you need to rest and recover while we work on your case for compensation.
Since 1996, our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys have recovered tens of millions of dollars for injury clients.
Contact our law firm in West Palm Beach, and let’s get started.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Read more of our reviews here.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, We Serve All Neighborhoods in West Palm Beach
We serve all neighborhoods in West Palm Beach and the surrounding areas, including:
- City Place (33401)
- Downtown (33407)
- Flamingo Parks (33401)
- Lake Mangonia (33401)
- North Tamarind (33407)
- Pleasant City (33407)
- Progressive Northwest (33401)
- Providencia Park (33401)
- Roosevelt Estates (33401)
- And more
Areas We Serve in West Palm Beach, FL
Downtown, CityPlace, Providencia Park, Flamingo Parks, Sunshine Park, Progressive Northwest, Pineapple Park, Southland Park, Central Park, El Cid, Roosevelt Estates, North Tamarind, Pleasant City, Southside, Southend, Southwest, Parker Ridge, Vedado, Poiciana Park II, Old Northwood Historic District, Northwood Shores, Northboro Park Historic District, Northwood Gardens, Northwood Harbor Historic District, North Shore, RiverWalk, Spencer Lakes, Echo Lake, Westfield, Palm Beach Lakes, Villages of Palm Beach Lakes, and more.
- How a Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help if You’re Being Blamed?
- Personal Injury FAQ
- Reasons Why a Personal Injury Attorney Won’t Take Your Case
- Ultimate Guide to Hiring an Injury Lawyer
- How Much Does a Personal Injury Attorney Cost?
- What Is a Personal Injury Case?
Local Emergency Rooms
- Emergency Center – 5028 Okeechobee Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33417
- Good Samaritan Medical Center – 1309 N Flagler Dr, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Palm Beach Children’s Hospital – 901 45th St, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
- St. Mary’s Medical Center – 901 45th St, West Palm Beach, FL 33407
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.