If you have been injured in an accident you feel is attributable to a defect in your vehicle or its parts, contact the Hollander Law Firm in the Boca Raton area.
Auto defect lawyer Gregg Hollander is able to assemble a team of professionals in law, medicine, investigation, research and other disciplines. Call our Boca Raton personal injury law firm today at 561-347-7770 for a free consultation.
Working together, this group is able to investigate the circumstances of traffic accidents and to uncover evidence that points to liability related to automotive defects.
Table of Contents
Statistics on Auto Defects
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is charged with enforcing laws related to automotive safety. The agency defines an automotive defect as “any defect in performance, construction, a component, or material of a motor vehicle or motor vehicle equipment.” Since 1966, NHTSA actions have resulted in recalls of more than 390 million vehicles, 66 million items of vehicle equipment, and 46 million automotive tires.
Source: National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Injuries sustained in motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for Americans between the ages of 5 and 34. About 42,000 lives are lost in traffic crashes each year. In addition, some 2.3 million vehicle drivers and occupants are treated in U.S. emergency rooms every year for injuries from traffic accidents, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Clearly, motor vehicle safety is a pressing concern in our country, and putting a stop to defective vehicles and vehicle parts is a key step in improving safety on our roads.
The U.S. government’s National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act was enacted in 1966 to give the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration authority to require manufacturers to adhere to safety standards for the vehicles and parts they produce.
When products don’t meet those standards, the NHTSA has the power to require recalls of defective vehicles. Since the law was enacted, recalls have been issued for more than 390 million vehicles: cars, trucks, SUVs, motorcycles, buses, mopeds, recreational vehicles, and others.
Serving people in Boca Raton and beyond, auto defect attorney Gregg Hollander knows that many accidents can be attributed to defects in automotive parts and equipment, as well. Since 1966, the NHTSA’s recalls have taken 46 million faulty tires off the market, along with 66 million other pieces of equipment for motor vehicles.
In the same time period, recalls of safety seats designed to protect youngsters have numbered 42 million.
Safety-related Defects on Cars
When you buy a vehicle, you have a right to expect that it is properly designed and constructed to perform safely. Defects in the vehicle or its parts can put you and your passengers at risk. What are some examples of safety-related defects?
- Accelerator controls that may stick and cause unexpected acceleration
- Steering system components that could suddenly malfunction and cause loss of vehicle control
- Fuel system parts that cause leaks or have vulnerabilities that could pose fire hazards if a crash occurs
- Wheels prone to breakage can cause loss of vehicle control
- Seat assemblies that can fail suddenly
- Fan blades that can break and cause injury
- Jack assemblies that could malfunction or fail
- Vehicle wiring that could fail and cause risk of fire
- Windshield wiper components that can fail and impair visibility
When a manufacturer’s defective vehicle designs, production, or parts cause you to be injured, call on Attorney Gregg Hollander to explore your rights and the legal remedies available to you.
Contact Hollander Law Firm
In West Palm Beach, Naples, Boca Raton, and other South Florida cities, Gregg Hollander is known for his consummate skills both in and out of the courtroom. As a litigator, he is a firm and daunting opponent of even the largest vehicle manufacturers and dealers.
As a negotiator, his skills have won the settlements injury victims need to ensure ongoing medical treatment and replacement of wages lost when accidents cause serious and lasting disabilities.
When you’re badly hurt because of a defective vehicle, call on the team at the Hollander Law Firm and ask for a free, confidential consultation about your rights. Boca Raton auto defect attorney Gregg Hollander will sit down with you to listen to your concerns and to explain your options. Our firm charges you no fees if we don’t recover financial damages for you.
Our personal injury law firm in Boca Raton, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Boating Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Dog Bites Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorney in Boca Raton, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Product Liability Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Slip and Fall Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in Boca Raton, FL
- Workplace Accident Attorneys in Boca Raton, FL
- Wrongful Death Lawyers in Boca Raton, FL