Were you recently injured in a car accident involving a Lyft rideshare vehicle in Fort Lauderdale, FL? You may have the right to recover compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and pain and suffering. The experienced Fort Lauderdale Lyft accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help you maximize your financial recovery.
Since 1996, our law firm has handled some of the most challenging personal injury cases in South Florida. Our award-winning attorney has gone head-to-head with the toughest adversaries – and won tens of millions for our clients in the process.
Now that you’ve been injured in a Lyft accident in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, we’re here to help you. We offer a free consultation, and there’s no obligation. Contact our law office in Broward County or call (954) 287-0566 to learn more.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Lyft Accident in Fort Lauderdale
Whether you’re in another vehicle or a Lyft passenger, getting compensation for crash-related injuries can be a challenge. Lyft’s drivers are independent contractors, which means the rideshare service won’t take responsibility for your injuries. You’ll be left to figure out why your accident happened, who’s at fault, and who can be forced to pay for your trauma.
Don’t try to handle all of this on your own. Focus on getting better and let our Fort Lauderdale car accident lawyers take care of your legal case.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’re led by award-winning, nationally-acclaimed attorney Gregg Hollander. We put more than 28 years of experience behind every case we handle. As a small firm, we’re able to ensure an extraordinary level of detail and transparency. At the same time, we have the resources and capabilities of a much larger firm.
When you choose our Fort Lauderdale Lyft accident attorneys, you benefit from the best of both worlds.
- We’ll investigate your Lyft accident to determine why it happened
- We’ll defend you against efforts to blame you for getting hurt
- We’ll bring in experts to support your claim and ensure it is valued properly
- We’ll handle all conversations with other parties and negotiate to get top dollar for your case
- We’ll have a top-rated trial attorney argue your case at trial if you aren’t offered a fair settlement deal.
Give our law office in Fort Lauderdale a call to arrange a free case evaluation and learn more. Our team is standing by to take your call today.
What Causes Most Lyft Accidents in Fort Lauderdale?
Keep in mind that while Lyft may be convenient, it might not be the safest way to get around Fort Lauderdale. There are no special qualifications for being a Lyft rideshare driver. Drivers don’t need to take any special tests, demonstrate exceptional knowledge of state and local traffic laws, or even get a special license.
This is to say that there’s no guarantee that a Lyft driver will be a good or safe driver.
Many Lyft accidents are, in fact, caused by negligent Lyft drivers.
This could be due to the fact that rideshare drivers:
- Are likely to be distracted by their phones, passengers, and GPS
- Earn money based on rides completed, so there’s an incentive to drive as much (and as fast) as possible
- Might rely on drugs or alcohol to deal with the stresses and burdens of the job
- Tend to be tired due to long stretches of time behind the wheel – especially at night
- Pick up and drop off passengers at unsafe locations or places where traffic doesn’t normally stop or stand
Many Lyft accidents in Fort Lauderdale happen as a result of:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Unsafe turns
- Unsafe lane changes
- Aggressive driving
- Attempting to beat red and yellow lights at Fort Lauderdale intersections
Other contributing factors include Lyft vehicle defects or malfunction, hazardous road conditions, and dangerous road design.
Knowing why your Lyft accident happened is essential to a winning personal injury claim. Once you understand the cause(s), you can know who’s at fault.
What is My Lyft Accident Case Worth?
The value of your personal injury claim will largely depend on the extent of your injuries. The more serious they are, the more your case is likely to be worth.
Other factors that can influence the value of your claim include:
- Your earning capacity before and after your accident
- The extent of the pain and suffering you experience
- Your out of pocket costs – now and those you’re likely to have in the future
- If you share any responsibility for your Lyft accident
- The steps you took to mitigate your injuries
- The available insurance coverage
This isn’t to say that you have to suffer a catastrophic injury to have a case that’s worth pursuing. On the contrary – many personal injury cases involving more moderate trauma can be worth quite a bit. And, when you’re struggling with an unexpected injury and bills, every little bit helps (especially when you’re not to blame).
Speak with our car accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale to get more information about what your specific case might be worth. We can help you figure out the best strategy for winning your case and maximizing your recovery.
Can I Sue Lyft After an Accident With One of Their Rideshare Drivers?
Probably not – and here’s why. Lyft and other rideshare companies have worked hard to make sure that their drivers are not legally classified as employees. Instead, they’re independent contractors. As a result, Lyft is able to sidestep liability when there’s an auto accident. The company is typically not liable for the negligence of its rideshare drivers.
Lyft company does have an insurance policy that can apply when one of its drivers is in a wreck. However, filing a lawsuit against the company is likely not an option. You’ll have to exhaust other options – like getting benefits from your own PIP coverage, filing a claim with the Lyft driver’s insurer, or suing the Lyft driver or another negligent party.
Who Can Be Liable For Injuries After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
Any of the following parties could potentially be liable – or share liability – for your Fort Lauderdale Lyft car accident:
- Negligent Lyft driver
- Another negligent motorist
- Employers of negligent parties
- Government agencies
- Property owners
- Vehicle manufacturers
Anyone who contributes – directly or indirectly – to a crash involving a Lyft rideshare vehicle can be on the hook for damages.
What Compensation is Available to Lyft Accident Victims?
After a Lyft accident, you may have the right to recover compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Nursing care
- Property damage
These include both economic damages (financial harms) and non-economic damages (subjective, hard to monetize harms). In some instances, punitive awards might also be available. However, you’ll have to have clear evidence that you were hurt as a result of gross negligence or intentionally harmful conduct.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim After a Lyft Accident in Florida?
The statute of limitations for personal injury cases in Florida is four years from the date of injury.
If you’ve lost a family member in a fatal Lyft accident, then you’ll have just two years to file a wrongful death action.
You do not want to let the statute of limitations expire before you take action. If you do, then you’ll waive your right to file a lawsuit and recover compensation for your injuries. That means you’ll be left to handle every cost, every expense, and every consequence on your own.
You can protect your rights by calling Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers immediately after your Lyft accident. Our legal team is always available to provide assistance – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We can guide you through the steps you need to take and help to ensure that your claim is filed on time.
Lyft Accidents Can Cause Catastrophic Injuries and Death
Our Fort Lauderdale Lyft accident attorneys are here to help you fight for maximum compensation.
We help rideshare crash victims who’ve suffered:
- Broken bones
- Neck injury
- Back injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Crushing injury
- Chest injury
- Nerve damage
- Amputation, and more.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to our compassionate team if you or a family member has been hurt in a wreck. We will help you understand your legal options and explain how we might be able to help you win your case.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With a Fort Lauderdale Lyft Accident Lawyer
Did a Lyft driver hit you in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Put 28+ years of experience and a team that’s won tens of millions of dollars in your corner. Level the playing field against tough insurance companies. Set yourself up for the win you deserve.
Call the Fort Lauderdale Lyft accident lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to get started. We offer a free case evaluation, so contact our law office in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to schedule yours now.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Lauderdale, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL