Were you injured on a cruise ship in Fort Lauderdale, FL? You could be entitled to a financial settlement to compensate for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. An experienced Fort Lauderdale cruise ship accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help fight to protect your legal rights.
Our lawyers have more than 28 years of experience standing up for accident victims in South Florida. We’ve won millions in settlements and verdicts for our clients. We’re ready to fight to maximize your financial recovery.
Contact our law offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at (954) 287-0566 today to learn more about our practice areas and how we can help. Your consultation is always 100% free of charge.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After a Cruise Ship Accident in Fort Lauderdale
Cruise ship accident lawsuits usually have to be filed where the ship is located. Major cruise lines include that detail in the fine print of your ticket. If you were hurt, you might find yourself fighting a legal battle in Fort Lauderdale–while you recover at home.
Our experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys will protect your interest. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has dedicated our legal practice to fighting for accident victims like you since 1996
When you hire us, our team will:
- Investigate to determine the cause of your accident
- Seek full compensation from all responsible parties
- Retain experts, specialists, and witnesses who can strengthen your injury claim
- Negotiate with the insurance companies to make sure you’re getting the fair compensation you need
We offer free consultations so that you can ask questions and learn more about your legal options. Call our Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorneys today to schedule yours.
How Common Are Cruise Ship Accidents in Fort Lauderdale?
Cruise ship accidents are becoming more and more common. Between 2005 and 2016, almost 450 major cruise ship accidents occurred in the United States. Fifteen of those accidents involved sinking ships.
Were you hurt aboard a cruise line? Our lawyers can help.
We represent clients in cases against all major and local cruise lines, including:
- Royal Caribbean
- Holland American Cruises
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Princess Cruise Lines
- Disney Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises
- Explorer of the Seas
- And more
If you’re interested in learning more, call our Fort Lauderdale law offices to schedule your free case evaluation today.
What is My Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Accident Case Worth?
The value of your cruise ship accident case will depend on the specific circumstances of your accident and injury.
Some factors that tend to influence settlements include:
- The severity of the injury
- The cost of your medical treatment and out-of-pocket expenses
- Whether your ability to work was impacted
- The trauma of the event
- Any ongoing impact of the injury
Calculating pain and suffering damages can be particularly difficult. The only way to get a clear picture of what your case is worth is to call an experienced lawyer. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to help. Give us a call today to learn more.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Cruise Ship Accident Victims?
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’ll pursue all available damages in your personal injury case. Most injured passengers are entitled to economic damages.
These damages reimburse for out-of-pocket expenses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning potential
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Property damage
Non-economic damages may also be available to compensate for your pain and suffering.
Examples of non-economic damages in Florida include:
- Mental anguish
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Diminished quality of life
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one in a fatal cruise ship accident, our lawyers can help you fight for justice through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for a Cruise Ship Accident in Florida?
Florida comparative fault laws allow injured parties to recover damages from anyone who was involved in causing the accident. You don’t lose that right unless you are mostly at fault for your injuries.
However, if you are partially at fault, your damages award will be reduced in proportion to your share of fault. For example, if you were 30% responsible, you’ll take home only 70% of your settlement or judgment.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Cruise Ship Accident Injuries
Cruise ship accidents can cause serious injuries. When you’re hurt, it’s important to recover compensation for all of those injuries–or risk being left on the hook for future medical costs.
Some common examples of cruise ship injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue damage
- Cuts and lacerations
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Chest injuries
- Eye injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Severe burns
- Loss of limbs
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
You don’t have to leave your personal injury claim to chance. Contact our law offices today for help.
What Causes Most Cruise Ship Accidents in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
Slip and falls are one of the most common types of cruise ship accidents in Fort Lauderdale. Like any other property owner, cruise line companies have a duty to keep the ship reasonably safe for passengers and crew members.
Slip and fall accidents often happen because of:
- Missing railings and guardrails
- A lack of tread or traction on slick surfaces
- Spills that are ignored for an unreasonable amount of time
- Uneven walkways
- Inadequate lighting
- Debris and clutter
- Damaged steps or staircases
- Failure to provide adequate warning of hidden dangers
The cruise ship company is required to conduct regular inspections to make sure the ship is safe. Failure to conduct those inspections can expose the company to liability under Florida’s premises liability laws–and general maritime law.
While slip and falls are common on cruise ships, they’re by no means the only way you can get hurt.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we handle all cruise ship accident injury cases, including those involving:
- Falls overboard
- Swimming pool accidents
- Water park accidents and other recreational accidents
- Elevator accidents
- Food poisoning
- Assault, including sexual assault
- Medical malpractice
- Cruise ship groundings
- Accidents on land, during off-ship excursions
- Negligent hiring practices
Were you injured aboard a cruise ship based in Fort Lauderdale? Call our legal team for help building your personal injury claim today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Cruise Ship Accident in Florida?
Multiple laws and legal theories can be involved in a cruise ship accident claim. General maritime laws require the ship’s owner to provide a seaworthy ship. Injured cruise workers can hold their employer accountable for unseaworthiness under the Jones Act and other maritime laws designed to protect workers.
Most cruise ship passengers will have to establish negligence to recover compensation. A party is negligent when they fail to exercise reasonable caution under the circumstances.
More specifically, you’ll have to offer proof that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached that duty of care
- The breach caused your accident and injuries
- You sustained damages
The injured party has the burden of proof in a personal injury case. That means you’re responsible for locating the evidence to back up your claim. Our Fort Lauderdale cruise ship accident attorneys are here to investigate and find the proof you need.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After a Cruise Ship Accident in Florida?
Under Florida law, most accident victims have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, cruise line accidents are often subject to much tighter timelines. Major cruise lines usually impose their own statute of limitations for filing an injury claim. You agree to abide by those requirements when you purchase your ticket.
You might have to submit notice of your injury to the cruise line within as little as six months. Some cruise lines only give accident victims one year to file a lawsuit.
However, every cruise line is different. Norweigan Cruise Lines, for example, requires formal notice within 30 days after the end of the cruise–and you’ll only have six months to take legal action.
Don’t lose your right to compensation because of a technicality. Call Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers as soon as possible if you were hurt on a cruise line. We’ll comb through the fine print and take action immediately to preserve your right to compensation.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Were you or a loved one injured on a cruise ship? Call a Fort Lauderdale cruise ship accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for the legal advice you deserve. We offer a free consultation to all potential clients. Call today to learn how we’ll put more than 28 years of experience to work for you.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Lauderdale, FL also provides:
- Assault Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bus Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Catastrophic Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Child Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Electric Scooter Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Maritime Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Workers’ Compensation in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL