Were you or a family member hurt in an accident involving Uber in Fort Lauderdale, FL? You may have a legal right to recover compensation for medical bills, lost wages, and your pain and suffering. An experienced Fort Lauderdale Uber accident lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help.
Since 1996, we’ve fought tirelessly to help injury victims get back on their feet again after a car accident. Our legal team has recovered tens of millions of dollars in compensation–and counting.
Our lawyers will do everything we can to get the money you need and deserve. To learn more, call our law offices in Fort Lauderdale, Florida at (954) 287-0566 to schedule a free consultation.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help After an Uber Accident in Fort Lauderdale
Uber accident cases aren’t always as simple as motor vehicle accident cases. Often, more than one party is responsible for injury victims’ damages. However, Uber’s commercial insurance carrier doesn’t make it easy to recover compensation.
An experienced personal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale can help you through every aspect of your Uber accident case. We have over 28 years of experience holding negligent parties responsible for our clients’ losses. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to help them move forward, earning us membership in the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
When you hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you can expect our car accident attorneys and experts to:
- Handle the investigation into your crash and gather all relevant evidence
- Work with experts the insurance company will take seriously
- Challenge any allegations that you shared fault in the accident
- Negotiate to recover the full and fair compensation you need
We know how difficult it can be to recover after an injury. You can rest assured that our lawyers will work diligently to protect your financial security and help get the treatment you need.
Are you interested in learning more about how a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney can help in your case? Call today for a free consultation.
What is My Fort Lauderdale Uber Accident Case Worth?
The value of a car accident claim is based on multiple factors, including:
- The nature and severity of your injuries
- The cost of past and future medical care
- Whether the injury impacted your ability to work
- The injury’s impact on your quality of life
- Your pain and suffering
The available insurance coverage will often play an important role in determining how much your Uber accident case is worth.
Under current Florida law, Uber drivers are classified as independent contractors. However, Uber and other transportation network companies are required to carry commercial insurance coverage to protect people who are injured in Uber accidents.
Coverage limits depend on what the Uber driver was doing at the time of the accident.
Was the Uber Driver Transporting or En Route to Pick Up a Passenger?
The rideshare company’s most generous insurance policy becomes effective the moment the Uber driver accepts a ride. The policy covers up to $1 million in third-party liability. It also provides uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage and contingent collision coverage up to the full value of the damaged vehicle.
Was the Uber Driver Waiting for a Ride Request?
Suppose the driver has the Uber app turned on and is available to accept a ride. In this case, Uber maintains third-party insurance coverage if a driver’s personal car insurance policy doesn’t apply.
The insurance covers:
- $50,000 in bodily injury or death per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
This insurance policy provides secondary coverage. That means it’ll only kick in after you’ve exhausted coverage limits under your personal car insurance policy.
Uber App Turned Off
Uber drivers use their own personal vehicles for rides. They’re required to maintain personal auto insurance under Florida no-fault insurance laws just like any other driver.
If the Uber app is turned off, the driver’s personal car insurance will apply if you’re seriously injured in an accident.
What Types of Damages Are Available to Uber Accident Victims?
Once you’ve identified all available insurance coverage, you’ll also have to prove that you suffered “damages.” There are a few different types of damages available to Uber accident victims. They’re classified as economic or non-economic in nature.
Common types of economic damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages and income
- Property damage
The value of your non-economic damages is also important. Non-economic damages are your personal, subjective losses.
They might include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Anxiety, depression, and PTSD
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we’re committed to maximizing your compensation award in any way we can. We’ll bring in qualified experts and specialists to help strengthen your personal injury case. Please don’t hesitate to reach out for a free case evaluation if you’ve been injured in an Uber accident.
Can I Recover Damages If I’m Being Blamed for an Uber Accident in Florida?
Florida Uber accident victims don’t lose their right to compensation even if they share some of the blame. Pure comparative fault laws in Florida allow victims to recover a portion of their damages even if they’re partly at fault.
You don’t have to accept a reduced compensation award if you’re being blamed for causing the accident. Our Fort Lauderdale Uber accident attorneys can fight to minimize your role in the crash.
We’ll Fight to Recover Compensation for All of Your Uber Accident Injuries
You shouldn’t underestimate the severity of the injuries you might sustain in an Uber or Lyft accident.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we often represent clients who have suffered:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Back injuries
- Organ damage
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
- Soft tissue damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Our lawyers in Fort Lauderdale will put in the work needed to secure the maximum compensation you deserve. All you have to do is call our Lyft accident attorneys in South Florida to schedule a free initial consultation today.
What Causes Most Uber Accidents in Fort Lauderdale, Florida?
Uber and other rideshare vehicles are a common sight on the streets of Fort Lauderdale. That doesn’t always mean they’re the safest option. Uber and Lyft drivers aren’t always familiar with the traffic patterns–and might be in a hurry to complete as many rides as possible.
Here are a few of the most common causes of Uber accidents in Fort Lauderdale
- Distracted driving
- Stopping in intersections and other unsafe locations
- Looking for passengers instead of paying attention to road conditions
- Operating under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Fatigued driving
- Failure to yield the right-of-way
- Excessive speeds
- Aggressive driving
- Unsafe passing or lane changes
- Illegal or unsafe turns
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Failure to maintain the Uber vehicle
In the end, most Uber accidents happen because someone was careless. However, it can still be difficult to identify exactly why an accident happened.
At Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience helping clients like you. We would be happy to investigate to help you pinpoint the cause of your accident. Just call to schedule a free case review today.
How Do I Prove Negligence After an Uber Accident in Florida?
To establish negligence, your lawyer will work to prove:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached that duty
- The breach caused your injuries
- The level of damages you sustained
In short, you’ll need proof about what caused your accident to prove negligence. That proof can come in many forms, including:
- Eyewitness testimony
- Video surveillance footage
- Dash cam footage
- Data from the driver’s Uber app
- Police and accident reports
- The opinions of accident reconstruction experts
A qualified personal injury attorney at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers would be happy to help you gather this evidence to build your case.
How Long Do I Have to File a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Florida?
Typically, we’ll file an insurance claim before filing a lawsuit. Insurance claims must be filed within a reasonable time after the accident. However, the statute of limitations in Florida is still relevant if a lawsuit becomes necessary.
In the state of Florida, the statute of limitations in most personal injury cases is four years. Injured parties usually have four years from the date of the Uber accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Failing to file within four years will bar you from seeking compensation.
Contact a Fort Lauderdale Uber Accident Lawyer for a Free Consultation
Are you struggling after sustaining an injury in an Uber accident? Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help. Call an experienced Fort Lauderdale Uber accident lawyer to schedule a free consultation and learn more about your legal rights today.
Our personal injury law firm in Fort Lauderdale, FL also provides:
- Bicycle Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Lyft Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Medical Malpractice Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Premises Liability Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Uber Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Workplace Accident Lawyers in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale, FL