Were you hurt due to the negligence or misconduct of another party in Plantation, FL? If so, an experienced attorney can help you fight for the maximum financial recovery for your medical bills and other losses.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to guide you through the process and provide honest legal advice. Our legal team has nearly three decades of experience assisting personal injury victims throughout South Florida – and we’ve recovered millions for our clients.
Schedule a free consultation with our experienced Plantation personal injury lawyers by calling us at (561) 347-7770 or contacting us online. We’ll review your case, explain our legal services, and explore your options for compensation.
Table of Contents
How Can a Personal Injury Lawyer Help Me After an Accident in Plantation, FL?
An attorney is often the only way to ensure you receive the best possible outcome in a personal injury case. They know the law, procedures, and how to negotiate and calculate damages.
Our legal team focuses solely on personal injury law. We’re passionate about standing up for accident victims and getting them the compensation they deserve.
- Thoroughly investigate the incident that harmed you
- Gather evidence proving every aspect of your claim, including the value of your losses
- Consult experts – such as accident reconstructionists, medical specialists, and financial advisors – as necessary
- Negotiate with insurance adjusters and others as we work toward a favorable settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit and represent you in court if we cannot settle for a fair amount
The aftermath of an accident can be devastating, both physically and financially. You don’t have to go through it alone. Contact our Plantation accident attorneys for a free initial consultation to discuss your case.
How Common Are Accidents in Broward County, FL?
In 2022, Broward County experienced 35,282 car accidents – or about 9% of the state’s total crashes. Those collisions resulted in 20,836 injuries and 237 fatalities.
They also involved:
- 613 bicycle crashes
- 640 motorcycle crashes
- 859 pedestrian accidents
In the first two months of 2023, 3,173 crashes have been reported in Broward County, resulting in 1,990 injuries and 12 deaths.
Additionally, thousands of Florida workers are injured or killed on the job each year. In 2021, 315 people sustained fatal work injuries, and thousands were injured.
Our Law Firm Handles All Personal Injury Cases in Plantation, Florida
Personal injuries can happen in various ways. The legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers handles all types of accident cases in Florida, including but not limited to:
- Truck accidents
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Wrongful death
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Boating accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Nursing home abuse
- Product liability (defective products)
- Premises liability
- Workplace accidents (and workers’ compensation)
- Construction accidents
- Daycare accidents
- Dog bites
No matter how you sustained your injuries, our personal injury lawyers in Plantation are here to help.
How to Get to Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers From Plantation, FL
Public Transportation Directions
What Is the Value of My Plantation Personal Injury Case?
Unfortunately, it’s difficult to provide an exact dollar figure without knowing the specifics of your case. Some personal injury cases are worth a few thousand dollars, while others are worth millions.
When we’re assessing your Plantation personal injury claim, we’ll evaluate multiple factors, including:
- The severity of your injuries and whether they cause permanent disability, disfigurement, or impairment
- Your medical costs and other accident-related expenses
- The time you missed from work and lost income
- Whether you can continue working in the same capacity after your accident
- Whether you share any blame for contributing to the accident
- The insurance coverage and parties involved
Plantation accident victims who sustain catastrophic injuries tend to have higher-value cases than others. However, it all depends on the facts and circumstances, and various elements must be taken into consideration when determining how much your case is worth.
What Damages Can I Recover After an Accident in Plantation, FL?
If you were injured in Plantation, Florida, you can seek compensation for your financial losses (economic damages), as well as your physical and emotional trauma (non-economic damages).
A Plantation accident may result in the following economic damages:
- Medical expenses, including hospital stays, surgery, treatment, and follow-up visits
- Future healthcare requirements, including rehabilitation and physical therapy
- Lost wages and employment benefits
- Diminished earning potential
- Out-of-pocket expenses, including travel costs and childcare
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are more difficult to calculate and could include:
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- The development of new psychological disorders, such as PTSD, phobias, or anxiety
- Scarring and disfigurement
In rare cases, Florida courts award punitive damages to punish defendants for extremely reckless behavior.
Can I Get Compensation If I’m Partially At Fault for My Accident in Florida?
As long as you are 50% or less at fault for the accident, you can recover compensation in a Florida personal injury case. State law implements a modified comparative fault standard with a 51% bar to financial recovery — meaning you cannot recover compensation once your fault exceeds 50%.
Under this law, if you’re 50% or less responsible for the accident, your awarded compensation is reduced by your portion of allocated blame. For example, you were speeding when a distracted driver crashed into your vehicle. You are deemed 40% responsible for contributing to the accident by exceeding the speed limit. You’d only be entitled to 60% of your awarded damages.
It’s essential to seek legal advice from an experienced personal injury lawyer in Plantation if you’re being blamed for your accident. Insurance companies often point fingers at the victim to try and limit their financial responsibility, even if they have no proof. We’ll fight back and ensure they don’t take advantage of you.
What Types of Injuries Do Accidents Cause?
Whether you slipped and fell at a local store or were involved in a motor vehicle accident, you can suffer an array of injuries.
We’ve helped accident victims who have sustained all types of injuries, including:
- Broken bones and fractures
- Head trauma, concussions, and traumatic brain injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, such as strains, sprains, and whiplash
- Neck and back injuries
- Chest injuries
- Crushing injuries
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Eye injuries
- Nerve damage
- Internal organ damage
- Psychological injuries
Our Plantation accident lawyers will help you get the compensation you need for your injuries and mental anguish.
How Do I Prove My Plantation Personal Injury Case?
Most accidents in Plantation are caused by negligence, meaning they’re entirely preventable. When people are careless and cause harm to others, they can be held accountable for the consequences.
To prove liability in a negligence case, the plaintiff (injured victim) must prove four elements:
- The defendant (at-fault party) owed them a duty of care
- The defendant breached their duty by acting unreasonably or carelessly under the circumstances
- The defendant’s breach directly caused the plaintiff harm (causation)
- The plaintiff sustained damages due to the defendant’s actions
You’ll need evidence to back up your claim, which may include:
- Medical records
- Police reports
- Accident reports
- Eyewitness statements
- Opinions from expert witnesses
- Cell phone data
- Employment records
- Photos, videos, and surveillance footage
An attorney in Plantation can help you collect the evidence needed to prove your case and calculate your damages.
How Much Does It Cost To Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Plantation, FL?
Most personal injury lawyers in Plantation and throughout Broward County take cases on a contingency fee basis. Under this fee arrangement, you do not owe any initial fees to retain an experienced attorney – and you only pay if your claim is successful.
When you enter an attorney-client relationship, you will agree upon a percentage that your lawyer will take from your awarded compensation. The rate is typically between 33–40%, depending on the complexity of your case and other factors.
You won’t owe any attorney’s fees if your lawyer doesn’t obtain a positive result. If they secure a financial recovery for you, their fees will be deducted from your settlement or court award.
How Long Do I Have To File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Florida?
Due to Florida’s statute of limitations, Plantation personal injury victims have limited time to take legal action.
Florida law typically gives you two years from the accident date to file a civil lawsuit. Historically, Florida law gave victims four years to take action; however, the law was revised on March 24, 2023. Thus, if your Plantation accident occurred after that date, you should file a claim against the other party within two years.
There may be exceptions that provide more or less time to act. Contact an experienced personal injury attorney to get the process started. The sooner you start gathering evidence and getting statements from witnesses, the stronger your case will be.
Schedule a Free Case Evaluation With Our Plantation Personal Injury Lawyers
If you were injured in an accident in Plantation, Florida, you don’t have to handle your legal claim alone. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers is here to take on insurance companies and other opponents while you focus on your recovery.
Contact our Plantation personal injury attorneys today for a free case assessment to learn more about your legal options for compensation.
Find all the areas we serve in South Florida:
- Broward County, FL
- Lee County, FL
- Palm Beach County, FL
- Collier County, FL
- Miami-Dade County, FL
- Fig Tree Park – 620 S Fig Tree Ln, Plantation, FL 33317
- Plantation Central Park – 9151 NW 2nd St, Plantation, FL 33324
- Tara Park – 11600 Tara Dr, Plantation, FL 33325
Fire & Police Department
- Plantation Fire Department Station 1 – 5200 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL 33317
- Plantation Fire Department Station 5 – 901 N Pine Island Rd, Plantation, FL 33324
- Plantation Fire Department Station 6 – 11050 W Sunrise Blvd, Plantation, FL 33322
Hospital & Health Centers
- HCA Florida Westside Hospital – 8201 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL 33324
- Plantation General Hospital – 401 NW 42nd Ave, Plantation, FL 33317
- Westside Regional Medical Center – 6923 Cypress Rd, Plantation, FL 33317
*Disclaimer – we do not endorse these companies or profit from having them listed on our website.