Women trust their obstetricians to provide care and treatment. However, patients may be the victims of obstetrician malpractice. If your OB/GYN negligently injured you, contact our Fort Lauderdale obstetrician (OB/GYN) malpractice lawyers to discuss your case.
Our experienced medical malpractice lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers hold doctors responsible for injuring patients. Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for our clients. Let us help you seek the compensation you deserve for damages caused by medical negligence.
Contact us today or call (954) 287-0566 to schedule a free consultation with one of our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice attorneys. We’ll focus on your medical malpractice case while you focus on your path to recovery.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Lawyers Can Help You with an OB/GYN Malpractice Claim
With over 28 years of experience, attorney Gregg Hollander understands medical malpractice claims. Insurance providers and defense firms know his track record for recovering fair compensation for injury victims.
When you hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to handle your medical malpractice lawsuit, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your claim to determine how you were injured and who is responsible
- Work with medical experts to gather evidence proving medical negligence
- Document your damages to maximize the value of your injury claim
- File all insurance claims and personal injury claims necessary for recovering compensation
- Aggressively represent your best interests during settlement negotiations and at trial
Many medical malpractice claims settle without going to court. However, our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer prepares your claim as if we are going to court. Therefore, we do everything possible to obtain the maximum value for your obstetrician malpractice claim.
Contact our law firm today to schedule your free case evaluation. We look forward to meeting with you to discuss your legal options and how we can help right the terrible wrong you have suffered at the hands of a negligent OB/GYN.
How Do I Prove That My Obstetrician Caused My Injury?
An obstetrician malpractice claim falls under medical malpractice laws. The same legal requirements must be met to prove that your OB/GYN is liable for medical negligence.
The elements of a medical malpractice lawsuit are:
- A doctor-patient relationship existed, which resulted in a duty of care owed by the obstetrician;
- The obstetrician breached the duty of care by failing to meet the accepted medical standard of care;
- The breach of duty was a proximate and direct cause of your injury; and
- You sustained damages because the obstetrician breached the duty of care owed to you.
Generally, you have two years from the date of the malpractice to file a lawsuit. However, an exception to the statute of limitations could apply in your case. Therefore, it is best to talk with a member of our legal team at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers as soon as possible.
Before filing a medical malpractice lawsuit, you must send the physician a notice of claim that complies with Florida Statute §766.106. The pre-suit notice must be sent to the doctor at least 90 days before filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. Also, you must have an affidavit from a medical expert certifying that you have a basis for your obstetrician malpractice claim.
You have the burden of proving each of the above elements to demonstrate that the obstetrician is liable for malpractice. Once we establish malpractice, you are entitled to receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
How Much is My Obstetrician Malpractice Claim Worth?
The value of your damages in a medical malpractice claim depends on your case’s facts. Generally, traumatic injuries and permanent impairments increase the value of an injury claim.
Our legal team will work to maximize the amount of money you recover after medical errors cause you harm. Typically, we can recover both economic and non-economic damages for an obstetrician malpractice claim.
Damages you may receive include but are not limited to:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages, loss of benefits, and reductions in future earning potential
- Pain and suffering caused by physical injuries and emotional distress
- Mental anguish, depression, anxiety, and PTSD
- Scarring, disfigurement, disability, and impairment
- Loss of enjoyment of life and quality of life
Family members may seek wrongful death damages if a loved one dies due to obstetrician malpractice.
What Are Common Causes of Obstetrician Malpractice in Fort Lauderdale, FL?
A physician or health care worker cannot guarantee a specific outcome. Some situations and factors are not within the doctor’s control and cannot be foreseen. However, many of the causes of malpractice are preventable.
Some common causes of OB/GYN medical malpractice include:
- Failing to monitor a mother and child during pregnancy, labor, or delivery
- Misdiagnosis, delayed diagnosis, or failure to diagnose cancer
- Surgical errors, including mistakes made during a C-section or hysterectomy
- Failing to order necessary diagnostic tests or refer patients to a specialist
- Failure to identify risk factors that could cause birth injuries
- Negligent use of delivery instruments, including vacuum extractors and forceps
There are many more causes of obstetrician malpractice. Our legal team will work with medical experts to determine the exact cause of your injury so we can pursue a claim against the negligent obstetrician who caused you or your baby harm.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Lauderdale Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Do not wait to seek legal advice about a medical malpractice claim. Florida requires you to go through several procedural steps before filing a medical malpractice lawsuit. Obtaining a medical expert to assist with your case could take time.
Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers today for a free consultation with an experienced Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer.