Medical malpractice usually results in extreme harm to patients. Our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers handle all types of claims involving medical errors, including gastroenterologist malpractice.
Gregg Hollander and the legal team at the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers have represented medical malpractice victims for over 28 years. We’ve recovered millions for our clients.
If you were injured because of medical negligence, contact our law office for a free consultation, call us at 954-287-0566. You can discuss your case with an experienced Fort Lauderdale gastroenterologist malpractice lawyer.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Lauderdale, FL Medical Malpractice Lawyers Help Injured Patients
Some personal injury attorneys do not include medical malpractice claims in their practice areas. They know medical malpractice claims require getting into the nitty-gritty of a patient’s treatment and a medical provider’s negligence. Others may handle general malpractice claims but not those related to medical specialties like gastroenterology.
At the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, our personal injury lawyers are experienced and accomplished medical malpractice attorneys. In fact, we’ve been listed among National Trial Lawyers’ Top 25 Medical Malpractice Lawyers. Our law firm has the resources, skills, and experience to handle even the most complex medical malpractice lawsuits.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Use our extensive resources to consult with medical experts and conduct a comprehensive investigation of your claim
- Identify the parties responsible for your injuries
- File insurance claims and handle all matters related to the insurance claim
- Prepare and file notices of claims with at-fault parties
- Monitor the deadlines to file claims and lawsuits under Florida’s statute of limitations
- Document your damages and fight to get you the maximum compensation available
Call our office now to schedule your free case evaluation with our personal injury lawyer in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
What is a Gastroenterologist?
A gastroenterologist is a medical specialist that treats diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and digestive system. The gastrointestinal organs include the rectum, liver, esophagus, pancreas, and stomach. Common illnesses and conditions treated by a gastroenterologist include:
- Crohn’s disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux
While gastroenterologists treat various conditions and diseases, they are not surgeons. They are specialized physicians who may have a private practice or work in hospitals and other medical facilities. Gastroenterologists may perform endoscopic procedures and colonoscopies to diagnose gastrointestinal diseases.
Medical Malpractice Claims Against Gastroenterologists
Like any medical professional, gastroenterologists owe a duty of care to their patients. Therefore, they must exercise a reasonable standard of care and skill given the circumstances.
Gastroenterologist malpractice occurs when a gastroenterologist deviates from the acceptable standard of medical care and harms a patient.
Examples of reasons for a gastroenterologist malpractice claim include:
- Failure to diagnose and treat a gastrointestinal disease
- Mistakes and errors made while performing endoscopic procedures and other medical procedures
- Failure to order tests based on the patient’s health risks and symptoms
- Performing procedures or practicing under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Misinterpretation of test results
- Prescribing the incorrect medication or dosage of medication
- Failing to follow up with a patient
- Improper administration of anesthesia
- Misdiagnosis of a medical condition
A patient has the burden of proving medical malpractice. Generally, you must prove that your gastroenterologist owed you a duty of care and breached that duty of care. The breach of duty must have been the direct and proximate cause of your injury. You must also prove that you sustained damages because of the breach of duty.
What Damages Can I Recover for Gastroenterologist Medical Malpractice Claims?
- The cost of diagnosing and treating a condition that the gastroenterologist misdiagnosed or failed to diagnose
- Medical expenses and costs for complications related to the medical negligence
- Loss of income, benefits, future lost wages, and reduced earning capacity
- Permanent impairments and disabilities
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life and enjoyment of life
- Physical pain and suffering
The value of your medical malpractice claim depends on factors such as:
- The strength of your evidence
- The severity of your injuries
- Your monetary losses.
There could be other factors that affect the outcome of a medical malpractice case. Our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer personally oversees each case.
We diligently pursue all actions that could result in compensation for your injuries. Our legal team does not stop investigating and gathering evidence until your case is resolved.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys in Fort Lauderdale
Our legal team is here to provide support, legal advice, and guidance. We help you seek compensation for injuries caused by gastroenterologist malpractice. Please reach out to our office online or by telephone to speak with a Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney. Your initial consultation is free of charge.