Do you believe you’ve been the victim of neurosurgeon malpractice in Fort Lauderdale, FL? Did you lose a loved one as the result of neurosurgeon malpractice?
You may be entitled to compensation for your losses like medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, your fight to recover compensation won’t be easy. Florida law requires malpractice victims to provide substantial evidence that malpractice occurred before they can recover damages. A Fort Lauderdale neurosurgeon malpractice lawyer can help.
At Hollander Law Firm, P.A., we have almost 30 years of experience helping injury victims and their families hold negligent medical providers responsible. We’ve recovered tens of millions of dollars to date. Call us today at (954) 287-0566 and schedule your free consultation, or contact our Fort Lauderdale personal injury office to begin discussing your legal options.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm, P.A. Can Help After Neurosurgeon Malpractice in Fort Lauderdale
Neurosurgeons have little margin for error when operating on a patient. Unfortunately, these medical professionals make mistakes, which injure and even kill patients. Recovering compensation after neurosurgeon malpractice can be difficult. Courts, juries, and insurance companies tend to give doctors the benefit of the doubt. That’s why you need a Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyer on your side.
Hollander Law Firm, P.A has been helping medical malpractice victims for almost three decades. We’ve developed a strong reputation in this complicated area of law—we’ve been recognized as “Top 25 medical malpractice lawyers.” When you hire us, hospitals and insurance companies take note. They know they are in for a fight.
Our Fort Lauderdale medical malpractice lawyers can help your claim by:
- Investigating your case to identify liable parties and gather needed evidence
- Determining how much your claim is worth and leaving nothing on the table
- Work with leading medical and economic experts in South Florida to strengthen your claim
- Negotiating with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- Filing a lawsuit to represent you in court if a fair settlement isn’t offered
Let us focus on your legal claim so you can focus on your health during this difficult time. You’ll have peace of mind that comes from being represented by a skilled Fort Lauderdale personal injury lawyer.
Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case.
How Common is Neurosurgeon Malpractice in Fort Lauderdale?
We trust health care providers to provide us with safe and effective care. Unfortunately, medical malpractice is more common than you might assume. Approximately 4,000 Americans are harmed as a result of surgical errors every year.
Neurosurgery errors may be particularly common. A study published in the New England Journal of Medicine revealed that neurosurgeons are involved in medical malpractice lawsuits at a higher rate than any other type of health care provider in the US.
Neurosurgeon malpractice claims and lawsuits also tend to yield relatively high payouts. According to research, the average payout in these circumstances is $439,146.
What is Neurosurgeon Malpractice?
Neurosurgeon malpractice can involve a variety of errors. The following are several noteworthy examples:
- Administering an improper dosage of medication prior to surgery
- Applying excessive force during neurosurgery, which can trigger a heart attack
- Overlooking significant changes in patient vital signs
- Failing to get a proper medical history or not accounting for a patient’s medical history when performing surgery
- Failure to provide necessary aftercare
- Causing permanent brain damage due to avoidable surgical errors
- Overlooking brain bleeds or post-operative conditions
The consequences of neurosurgeon malpractice often have a major impact on a victim’s overall quality of life. They can also limit one’s employment opportunities, mobility, and more. Victims deserve to be compensated for a doctor’s mistakes.
What Compensation Can You Recover After Neurosurgeon Malpractice in Florida?
Medical malpractice claims can get expensive fast. Victims usually suffer extensive medical costs and lost wages due to their injuries. Likewise, they endure significant pain and suffering.
Fortunately, malpractice victims can recover damages for these losses. Economic damages compensate patients for their medical expenses and lost income related to their malpractice injury. Non-economic damages compensate for their pain and suffering, emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and more.
Who is Liable for Neurosurgeon Malpractice?
The liable parties responsible for compensating a victim of neurosurgeon malpractice are the negligent surgeon or their employer. Their malpractice insurer will usually be the one to provide compensation.
However, under Florida law, a victim must prove they have a right to compensation due to medical malpractice; they must show that:
- The actions or negligence of a healthcare provider “represented a breach of the prevailing professional standard of care for that health care provider”
- The actions or negligence of a health care provider caused injury or death
- The injury resulting from a health care provider’s negligence wasn’t one that was reasonably foreseeable given the type of treatment a patient was receiving
These elements require expert testimony to prove. Hollander Law Firm, P.A. will work with South Florida’s leading medical experts to support your claim. You can count on us to gather the smoking-gun evidence that shows your medical provider caused your injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Lauderdale Neurosurgeon Malpractice Lawyers
The consequences of neurosurgeon malpractice can be significant. Hopefully, you’ll never be a victim of a neurosurgeon’s carelessness. If you are, our Fort Lauderdale neurosurgeon malpractice attorneys at Hollander Law Firm, P.A. are here to help you fight for what you’re owed.
Get started today by calling us or contacting us online to schedule your free consultation.