Did a surgeon in Boca Raton, Florida, cause you harm or injury or cause the death of a loved one? If so, you could be entitled to compensation for a surgeon malpractice claim.
Our Boca Raton surgeon malpractice lawyer can help you file a claim to recover damages. With more than 28 years of legal experience, our top-rated personal injury lawyer at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has the resources and experience to handle complicated medical malpractice claims.
Contact our law firm at (561) 347-7770 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced surgeon malpractice attorney in Boca Raton, FL.
Table of Contents
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help You With a Surgeon Malpractice Claim in Boca Raton
Since opening Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers in 1996, attorney Gregg Hollander and our legal team have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. Attorney Hollander has been recognized by numerous organizations, including the Medical Malpractice Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, and the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. He has 10.0 ratings with Avvo and Justia and an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
When surgeons make mistakes, they can cause serious harm to patients. A surgical mistake could cause a catastrophic injury or debilitating impairment. That is why our Boca Raton medical malpractice lawyer aggressively pursues malpractice claims for surgical mistakes.
When you hire our top-rated legal team, you can expect us to:
- Investigate your claim to determine what happened and how you were injured
- Identify all parties who share liability for your malpractice claim
- Work with top-rated medical experts and specialists to gather additional evidence
- Document the severity of your injuries and the extent of your damages to determine how much your case is worth
- Negotiate settlements and fight for jury verdicts for the full value of your damages
Medical providers and insurance companies take notice when you hire Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers to handle your case. Our attorney’s reputation as a fierce medical malpractice lawyer is well-known. These parties understand we are willing to take cases to court and argue claims before juries to protect our clients.
Call us now for a free case evaluation from an experienced Boca Raton surgeon malpractice attorney.
Causes of Surgeon Malpractice Claims in Boca Raton, FL
Surgical mistakes are common types of medical malpractice. Causes of surgeon malpractice include:
- Operating on the incorrect body part
- Lack of adequate surgeon education and training
- Rush to complete cases
- Operating on the wrong patient
- Use of unreliable protocols or systems
- Incomplete preoperative assessments, including failing to perform diagnostic tests and labs
- Failing to review a patient’s medical history
- Distraction in the operating room
- Failing to monitor patients for complications and infections
- Operating while intoxicated or using drugs
- Lack of communication or miscommunications between surgeons and other medical staff
The surgeon who breached the duty of care can be liable for damages in some cases. However, the hospital and other healthcare providers could also share liability. We can work with medical specialists and other experts to build a case for malpractice based on the facts of your situation.
Common Injuries Caused by Surgeon Malpractice in Florida
Malpractice by surgeons can cause numerous injuries. Common injuries caused by surgeon mistakes include:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Traumatic brain injury
- Soft tissue damage and nerve damage
- Vegetative state or coma
- Damage to internal organs
If the injuries result in death, the family might have a wrongful death claim. Determining what happened is crucial to proving surgeon malpractice.
What Do I Have To Prove To Win a Surgeon Malpractice Claim in Boca Raton?
Florida law requires you to prove specific legal elements to win a medical malpractice claim. You must prove:
- The surgeon’s conduct or negligence breached the prevailing standard of care for a surgeon given the same circumstances;
- The surgeon’s negligence or conduct caused your injury; and,
- The injury wasn’t a reasonably foreseeable consequence of the type of treatment the surgeon provided.
You must have a medical expert testify regarding the above elements. If you prove your case, you could receive compensation for damages.
What Damages Can I Receive for a Surgeon Malpractice Claim?
Most injured parties can receive compensation for their economic damages, including:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages and benefits
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Personal care
- Long-term nursing care
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Diminished earning capacity
You can also recover compensation for the pain and suffering caused by your surgeon’s actions. Examples of non-economic damages include:
- Physical pain
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Emotional distress
- Impairments and disabilities
- Decreased quality of life
- Mental anguish
You have a limited time to file a surgeon malpractice claim. If the statute of limitations expires, you cannot pursue a claim in court.
If you suspect your surgeon caused your injury, contact our office as soon as possible to speak with an experienced Boca Raton medical malpractice lawyer.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Surgeon Malpractice Lawyer
We help our clients hold surgeons and other medical providers responsible for their negligence and wrongdoing. Contact us to schedule a free case review with an experienced Boca Raton medical malpractice attorney.