Boca Raton Anesthesia Error Lawyer
Many patients are administered anesthesia for a variety of procedures. Surgery is a common reason for receiving anesthesia. Anesthesia allows doctors to perform surgery and other medical treatments so that the patient does not feel pain or discomfort during the procedure.
Unfortunately, anesthesia errors can cause serious harm to patients. In some cases, the errors may result in wrongful death.
The Boca Raton anesthesia error lawyers of the Hollander Law Firm investigate cases of anesthesia errors in Boca Raton, Florida.
Contact our law firm today to schedule your free consultation with a Boca Raton personal injury lawyer to discuss your case. Our lawyers have over 28 years of experience fighting for the rights of medical malpractice victims.
How Our Boca Raton Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured Because of an Anesthesia Error
There are many types of medical malpractice claims. Physicians, hospitals, nurses, and other medical providers guilty of medical negligence can be held financially liable for the damages they cause. The first step is to reach out to a Boca Raton medical malpractice lawyer for legal advice.
At Hollander Law Firm, our Boca Raton personal injury attorneys have recovered multi-million dollar results for clients injured because of negligence or other wrongdoing. For over 28 years, our legal team has stood up for our clients’ best interests.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Engage in a positive attorney-client relationship
- Investigate what happened to you and identify the parties responsible for your injuries
- File insurance claims and handle all communications with insurance companies
- Retain expert witnesses to assist in the investigation and provide expert testimony
- Aggressively pursue the maximum compensation available for your personal injury claim
- Monitor deadlines for filing personal injury lawsuits and claims
Our founding attorney Gregg Hollander personally handles our law firm’s intake process to ensure that each person receives the personal care they need.
Call our law office or use our online contact form to request a free consultation with an experienced Boca Raton anesthesia error lawyer in Boca Raton, FL. We represent clients in Boca Raton, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, and other South Florida areas.
How Common Are Anesthesia Errors?
Anesthesia errors may be more common than some studies or resources claim. One study found that there were 131 deaths from anesthesia errors in the United States from 2007 through 2014.
During that time, approximately 17,116 anesthesia errors were reported nationwide.
Overview of Anesthesia Errors
All medical professionals owe a duty of care to their patients, including anesthesiologists. When an anesthesiologist breaches that duty of care, he may be guilty of committing medical malpractice.
By committing anesthesia errors, medical staff may breach their standard of care and trigger a medical malpractice claim.
What Are Common Causes of an Anesthesia Error?
Errors occur when individuals are distracted. They also occur because of negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
Many of the causes of anesthesia errors are preventable.
Causes of anesthesia error include:
- Failing to obtain a complete patient medical history
- Administering the incorrect dose of medication or the incorrect medication
- Failing to monitor a patient during and after receiving anesthesia
- Being distracted during a procedure
- Malfunctions of medical equipment or defective medical equipment
- Failing to maintain and inspect medical equipment
- Allowing a patient to remain under anesthesia too long
- Delaying the administration of anesthesia
- Mistakes and errors using oxygen
- Errors made while intubating a patient or failing to intubate a patient timely
- Working under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Communication errors between the anesthesiologist, surgeons, or other staff members
When mistakes happen, patients suffer. Anesthesia errors can cause a wide variety of injuries for patients.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Anesthesia Errors
Injuries caused by anesthesia can range from waking up during the procedure to dying while under anesthesia.
Some of the common anesthesia error injuries patients sustain include:
- Heart attacks and strokes
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Damage to the trachea
- Injuries caused by lack of oxygen
- Paralysis and spinal cord injuries
- Loss of bodily functions
- Congenital disabilities and birth injuries
- Wrongful death
If you sustained injuries because of an anesthesia error, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and damages.
Who is Liable for an Anesthesia Error?
In most cases, the anesthesiologist or their staff are liable for an anesthesia error. However, a hospital or other medical facility could also be liable for anesthesia errors. If a defective medical device was a factor in the incident, the device’s manufacturer could be liable.
An experienced medical malpractice lawyer in Boca Raton understands the legal elements required to prove malpractice. That is the first step in recovering damages for an anesthesia mistake.
Damages included in an anesthesia error case may include:
- The expenses and cost of treating injuries and conditions caused by the malpractice
- Loss of wages, benefits, and other income
- Decreases in future earning potential
- Physical pain and suffering
- Disabilities, scarring, and permanent impairments
- Emotional and mental trauma
- Loss of enjoyment of life
A malpractice lawyer will document your damages to calculate the value of your claim.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Boca Raton Anesthesia Error Lawyers
We encourage you to contact our office to schedule a free consultation with our Boca Raton anesthesia error lawyer. We want to help you recover the money you deserve for the pain and suffering caused by medical negligence.