Were you hurt because an anesthesiologist in Boca Raton, FL made a mistake? You may be entitled to file a medical malpractice lawsuit for compensation. A Boca Raton anesthesia injury lawyer can help you recover compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
To get started, call Hollander Law Firm, P.A. to schedule a free initial consultation today.
How Can an Experienced Personal Lawyer Help With My Anesthesia Injury Claim in Boca Raton?
Surgery is one of the most complex and traumatic experiences that a body can undergo. For surgery to be a success, every medical professional in the room has to provide competent care. That includes the doctors and nurses in charge of administering anesthesia. As a patient, you often have no choice but to trust that these healthcare providers will live up to their obligations.
You deserve to hold negligent doctors and surgeons accountable when their mistakes hurt you. Insurance companies tend to complicate this process–and it’s rarely easy to convince a doctor to admit when they’re wrong. If you’re suffering from a serious injury, fighting to get what’s fair might seem like more than you can handle.
That’s where an experienced Boca Raton personal injury lawyer can help. At Hollander Law Firm, P.A., we’re passionate about holding careless medical professionals responsible and we’ll do everything we can to get the most compensation possible in your case.
When you hire us, our lawyers will:
- Take the time to learn how the anesthesia injury has impacted your life
- Make sure you understand your legal options and the process for recovering compensation
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation to get the proof you need to sue for damages
- Hire experts and specialists to support your case and offer evidence about the value of your injury claim
- Analyze your medical records to see whether your medical team took a full patient history
- Negotiate with insurance companies that will try to use the medical malpractice laws against you
There’s nothing we can do to fully restore your health. We can do everything in our power to make sure you have the money you need to treat your anesthesia injuries and any side effects. We have over 28 years of experience and a history of winning substantial settlements and verdicts for injured clients.
Of course, every case is unique. To see how we can help your family, just give us a call to talk to a lawyer who can help.
How Much Compensation is Available to Victims of Anesthesia Injuries in Boca Raton, FL?
Much like any medical negligence claim, the exact level of compensation available in any injury case will depend on a number of factors. Our medical malpractice attorneys in Boca Raton will carefully examine those factors to demand the most compensation possible.
Potentially relevant factors include:
- The cost of the medical care needed to treat the injury
- The expenses associated with your physical and mental rehabilitation
- Whether you were required to miss work because of the injury
- Whether you’ll be able to return to work in the same capacity after your rehabilitation
- The mental suffering caused by the trauma of the event
- Whether your quality of life will be diminished moving forward
In general, most medical malpractice victims in Florida are entitled to demand compensation for things like:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Future medical treatment
- Lost future earning potential
- Physical therapy and rehab
- Long-term care
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Diminished quality of life
Serious anesthesia injuries can also lead to the tragic loss of your loved one. Our attorneys can also help you file an action for wrongful death if you lost a close family member. Surviving family members in wrongful death cases are entitled to reimbursement for medical expenses caused by the injury.
You may also be entitled to financial compensation for:
- Loss of your loved one’s company
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of parental guidance
- Funeral and burial costs
Putting a dollar value on an injury claim is always a complex process. Fortunately, you don’t have to guess at what your case is worth. Our personal injury attorneys will hire experts and specialists who can offer evidence about the amount of compensation you really deserve. Whenever you’re ready to learn more, just call our law offices in South Florida to arrange a free case review.
Common Types of Anesthesia Errors That Can Result in Injury
Anesthesiologists have to complete years of education and training before they can perform in the operating room. Still, some anesthesiologists make mistakes that can cause serious and life-threatening injuries.
Examples of anesthesia errors that can harm the patient include:
- Failure to properly monitor vitals during the procedure
- Failure to take the patient’s medical history and prescription drug usage into account
- Providing the wrong dose of anesthesia
- Using defective medical equipment
- Errors in intubating the patient
- Unreasonably delaying administration of the anesthesia
- Communication errors among medical staff
- Failure to properly monitor the patient after the procedure to identify negative reactions
Patient history can be critical to safely administering anesthesia.
Your medical team should know this and should request a complete medical and family history before your procedure.
If you think an error occurred in your medical treatment, don’t hesitate to reach out for help. Our lawyers have decades of experience and contacts in the medical community who can accurately evaluate your case. To speak with a Boca Raton medical malpractice lawyer, call our offices to schedule your free consultation today.
Common Examples of Anesthesia Injuries in Boca Raton, FL
One simple mistake in administering anesthesia can change a patient’s life forever. These injuries are often serious and life-threatening.
Common examples of anesthesia injuries in Boca Raton, Florida include:
- Brain injuries
- Heart attack
- Organ damage
- Trachea damage
- Catastrophic injuries
- Wrongful death of a loved one
Your doctors and medical team also have a duty to quickly diagnose any medical errors you’ve suffered. The faster these professionals notice something is wrong, the greater your chances of avoiding serious injury.
How Do I Know Whether I Have a Valid Medical Malpractice Claim?
All healthcare providers are held to a certain standard of care. That standard varies depending upon the type of education and training required.
Anesthesiologists and nurse anesthetists are medical specialists. They’re required to complete a specific training program.
That training provides knowledge about:
- The level of anesthesia appropriate for any given procedure
- The type and dosage of anesthesia that’s called for
- Whether a patient who is using certain drugs is likely to have an adverse reaction
- How to recognize the signs of an adverse reaction
- How to monitor the patient during and after surgery
If the healthcare provider provides a level of care that doesn’t measure up to the medical standard of care, you may be entitled to compensation if you’re hurt. However, Florida medical malpractice laws require the opinion of an expert witness before you can proceed with your claim.
In reality, many medical malpractice victims don’t know whether they have a valid claim. That’s why the advice of a skilled medical malpractice attorney can be critical. Our lawyers at Hollander Law Firm, P.A. would be happy to evaluate your case and help you understand your options. Reach out to our team to set up your free consultation today.
Who Can Be Held Responsible for Damages Resulting From an Anesthesia Error in Florida?
Florida comparative fault rules apportion liability between all responsible parties. That sometimes means more than one person will be financially responsible for paying your damages award.
In cases involving anesthesia injuries, responsible parties might include:
- The anesthesiologist
- A nurse anesthetist
- The surgeons performing your procedure
- Hospital administrative staff
- Medical facilities
Complex medical malpractice cases often involve multiple insurance companies. Often, every one of these insurance companies tries to pin the blame on someone else. It’s up to your lawyer to provide proof about what caused your injuries so that the right people are held accountable.
How Long Do I Have to File a Medical Negligence Lawsuit For My Anesthesia Injuries?
In Florida, medical malpractice victims only have two years to file a lawsuit based on an anesthesia injury. The clock doesn’t always start running on the date the error took place. Under Florida law, the statute of limitations starts running on the date you knew or reasonably should have known about the injury.
There are some exceptions to the rule, but they’re limited. If you think you were hurt because of someone else’s negligence, call an experienced medical malpractice attorney at Hollander Law Firm, P.A. as soon as you can. We’ll do everything we can to preserve your right to compensation.
Call a Trusted Boca Raton Anesthesia Injury Lawyer to Schedule a Free Case Review Today
If you were hurt because someone made an anesthesia mistake, help is just a phone call away. An experienced Boca Raton anesthesia injury lawyer can fight to maximize your overall financial compensation award.
Call Hollander Law Firm, P.A. today if you’re ready to learn more about how we can use our experience to your advantage. Your first consultation is always free, so there’s no harm in asking for legal advice. We also represent clients in Pompano Beach, West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, and across South Florida.