You may have life-changing injuries if you were involved in a motorcycle accident in Fort Lauderdale, FL. If you need someone to go into battle for you to get the compensation you deserve, an experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer from Hollander Law Firm can help.
Call our Fort Lauderdale, FL law office to learn more about your legal options after a motorcycle accident. There’s a free consultation with no obligation so there’s no risk in calling.
Why Should I Hire a Fort Lauderdale Personal Injury Lawyer After a Motorcycle Accident?
When motorcycle accident victims try to get the full compensation they deserve, insurance companies can try to make it impossible. They have armies of defense attorneys who spend all day thinking up strategies to minimize your settlement award.
You deserve an attorney who is just as motivated to maximize the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
Why should you call an experienced Fort Lauderdale personal injury attorney? We can help you with your motorcycle accident case:
- Hollander Law Firm will manage every part of your case from beginning to end. You only have to focus on getting better.
- We will promptly begin a careful investigation into the crash to figure out what caused the accident.
- We know how to stand up and fight back when the insurance company wants to blame you for the accident.
- We work with the best experts in Fort Lauderdale, including accident reconstructionists, medical experts, forensic examiners, and any other experts needed to support your claim.
- We stay in contact with our clients so they never have to wonder what’s going on with their case and they always have the information they need to make an informed decision.
- We are strong negotiators and we won’t back down from the insurance companies. We will get the best possible deal we can for you and we are ready to head to court if the insurance company refuses to make a fair deal.
The choice of an attorney can be just as life-changing as the accident that caused your injuries. You want an attorney who fights their hardest on each and every case.
Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer Gregg Hollander’s experience representing crash victims spans more than two decades. Gregg and the team at Hollander Law Firm have a history of proven results.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, you need an attorney you can rely on. You can contact our office 24/7.
We’ll Fix to Maximize Your Financial Recovery After a Motorcycle Crash in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Your first step after a motorcycle accident should be to talk to an experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyer. We can help you get the compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages.
What Your Case May Be Worth
We can help you determine damages. Damages are a money award to compensate you for your injuries and losses.
The amount of your damages depends on many factors:
- The severity of your injuries (mild, severe, catastrophic)
- Whether injuries limit your work or prevent you from working
- If your ability to earn an income is limited by your injuries
- Whether your injuries caused a permanent disability
- Whether you need special medical equipment or nursing care
- If your ability to take care of yourself is limited by your injuries
Each case is different and all injuries can cause different limitations in different people. We can help you evaluate your injuries and the limitations caused by them. You may be entitled to compensation for each kind of injury or limitation.
Florida Motorcycle Accident Statistics
Florida has reported the highest number of motorcycle accident fatalities of all states in the U.S. According to 2018 data from the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles Department, the number of motorcycle crashes in Florida totaled 8,867. Of these, 528 of these motorcycle accidents were fatal. Over 7,500 motorcycle accidents resulted in injuries
The National Highway Transportation Safety Administration (NHTSA) data shows that of all fatal motorcycle accidents in 2017:
- 97% occurred on a clear or cloudy day
- 62% happened during the day or at dusk
Even on clear days, substandard roadways and roadside hazards can lead to fatal motorcycle crashes.
NHTSA data shows that among all fatal motorcycle crashes in 2017:
- 28% involved alcohol-impaired drivers
- 29% involved riders without a valid motorcycle license
- 32% involved speeding
- 43% of motorcycle riders who died in single-vehicle crashes were alcohol-impaired
- 39% of motorcyclists killed in motor vehicle crashes were not helmeted
Importantly, helmets saved 1,872 lives in motorcycle accidents in 2017. Estimates are that helmets are 37% effective in preventing fatal injuries to motorcycle riders and 41% effective for motorcycle passengers. So, if you’re riding a motorcycle in Florida, be sure to wear a helmet.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Fort Lauderdale?
Some ways a driver might cause a motorcycle to crash include:
- Sudden turns in front of a motorcycle,
- Abruptly changing lanes, cutting off the motorcyclist,
- Following too closely (tailgating),
- Opening a door into the motorcycle’s lane of travel.
Because Florida enjoys a tropical climate and mild weather year-round, it can be a perfect place to ride. Our broad, stretching highways offer scenic views of the Everglades. But even in ideal conditions, unfortunate developments can result in crashes.
Other causes of motorcycle accidents in Florida include:
- Distracted driving
- Aggressive driving
- Drug or alcohol-impaired driving
- Fatigued driving
- Substandard roadways
- Motorcycle defects
- Adverse weather conditions
If you don’t know what exactly caused your accident, that’s okay. Our Florida law firm has the resources and knowledge to determine if someone else’s negligence caused the collision.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Unfortunately, motorcycles do not provide much protection for riders and passengers. Often, motorcycle accident victims suffer life-changing injuries. Sometimes, motorcycle accident injuries are fatal. Motorcycle accident injuries are can be much more serious than injuries from car accidents.
Hollander Law Firm handles motorcycle accident cases with a range of injuries, including, but not limited to:
- Burns and road rash
- Fractures, broken bones, and amputations
- Chest, back, leg, and pelvic injuries, including paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries, swelling, and damage to the brain
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Internal injuries
If you have been in a motorcycle crash that was not your fault, you should not be left alone to suffer the consequences. We can help you hold the at-fault party fully responsible.
What is the Statute of Limitations for Filing a Motorcycle Claim in Fort Lauderdale?
The deadline for filing a lawsuit after an injury is called the statute of limitations. The injured party can forever lose their right to sue if they do not file the lawsuit on or before the deadline. For “general negligence” claims, the lawsuit must be filed within four years from the date of the injury. You have two years to file for wrongful death cases.
While it might sound like plenty of time, it can take time-consuming efforts to prepare the best case. We recommend establishing your attorney-client relationship soon after an accident to give yourself the full opportunity to prepare your case.
However, the statute of limitations might differ based on the circumstances. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, it is in your best interest to contact the team at Hollander Law Firm.
How Does Comparative Negligence work in Florida?
When you sue another person who is at fault for your injury, they can argue that you are somehow responsible for your own injuries. The theory that an injured party might be partially responsible for their injury is called comparative negligence.
We are knowledgeable about Florida’s comparative negligence rule. Comparative negligence can sometimes result in your total settlement being reduced by the percentage for which you are at fault.
However, even if you think you were partly to blame for your injuries, you can still benefit from hiring a skilled Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident attorney. We can fight to prove that your harm was caused entirely by another person’s negligence.
What Are the Damages Available After Motorcycle Accidents?
Damages are a monetary remedy to compensate you for your loss or injuries. Compensation awards could include money for:
- Medical bills,
- Lost wages and lost future earning capacity,
- Physical therapy, rehabilitative care, and long term care,
- Scarring and disfigurement,
- Pain and suffering or emotional distress,
- Diminished quality of life,
- Loss of consortium.
If a loved one suffered fatal injuries, you may have a claim for compensation for their wrongful death.
Contact Our Fort Lauderdale Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Today
Our office is ready for you 24/7. Our experienced Fort Lauderdale motorcycle accident lawyers can help you get the compensation you deserve. Don’t wait to contact an attorney if you have been in a motorcycle accident. Call our Broward County law office at (888) 751-7770 or use our online form to set up a free consultation with a personal injury attorney in Fort Lauderdale today.