Highways are common locations for accidents in Florida. These types of crashes often result in catastrophic injuries and fatalities. Our Fort Lauderdale highway crashes lawyer at the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers has extensive experience handling accidents involving highway crashes in Fort Lauderdale, FL.
With over 28 years of experience handling motor vehicle accident cases, our law firm has gained extensive skills and resources to fight for our clients’ fair settlements.
Our multi-million dollar results speak to our diligence and experience. Let us fight for the maximum compensation available for your case. Contact our Fort Lauderdale office by calling at (954) 287-0566 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer to discuss your case. The meeting is free, and you are not under any obligation to hire a personal injury lawyer after the meeting.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers Can Help if You’ve Been Injured in a Highway Crash
When you contact the Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you receive personalized service from an experienced Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney. Our founding attorney Gregg Hollander handles the intake process to ensure you receive the experienced legal advice and personal attention you expect from a law firm in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
When you hire our legal team, you can expect us to:
- Provide compassionate and personalized attention and services
- Use all of our resources, skills, and knowledge to investigate your accident
- File all claims with insurance companies and other parties
- Aggressively pursue fair car accident settlements through negotiations
- Protect your legal rights by filing a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary
- Representing your best interests inside and outside of the courtroom
Get the help you need right now. Call for your free consultation with an experienced Fort Lauderdale highway crashes lawyer.
How Common Are Highway Crashes in South Florida?
According to FLHSMV, there were 401,867 traffic accidents in Florida in 2019. In those crashes, 236,753 people were injured, and 3,185 people died. Many of those crashes occurred on highways throughout Florida, including highways in Broward County and Palm Beach County.
According to Forbes, Florida has six of the ten deadliest highways in the United States, including the top three deadliest highways.
Florida’s deadliest highways are:
- Florida US-1. This highway runs along the state’s east coast from Key West into Georgia. It provides access to Pembroke Pines along State Road 824. It also has two major intersections in Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach.
- Florida US-41. It runs from Miami to the Georgia state line and includes an intersection with Alligator Alley (State Road 84) at Tamiami Trail.
- Florida US-27. This highway runs from Miami to the Georgia state line.
- Florida US-441. It runs through several counties, including Miami-Dade and Broward Counties.
- Florida US-17. This highway runs through several counties from Punta to Jacksonville.
- Florida US-98. It runs in an east-west direction from Alabama and through central Florida.
Many of the highways throughout Florida intersect with interstates, including Interstate 95, Interstate 4, and Interstate 10.
Overview of Highway Crashes
Highway crashes are dangerous for several reasons. Higher rates of speed increase both the chance of an accident and the severity of accident injuries.
The risk for a high-speed wrong-way crash is also higher along a federal highway or a state highway. Additionally, a crash involving a tractor-trailer is more common along highways. A car crash caused by a wrong-way driver or a tractor-trailer can result in catastrophic injuries for the other vehicles’ occupants.
The Florida Highway Patrol responds to most accidents that occur on state and federal highways. However, the Broward Sheriff responds to the scenes of accidents within the county limits. The public file for each highway crash lists the law enforcement agencies that respond to the accident scene.
What Are Common Causes of Highway Crashes?
The causes of highway crashes are similar to the causes of accidents on other roads. Driver negligence and mistakes are often factors in highway crashes.
Examples of driver behavior that can lead to highway crashes include:
- Speeding and reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic laws
- Intoxicated driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving when fatigued or drowsy
- Inexperience, especially when driving on the highway
Our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys investigate the cause of our client’s crash. We identify the factors that led to the crash to determine who is liable for your car accident.
Common Types of Injuries Caused by Highway Crashes
The types of injuries sustained in highway crashes can range from minor injuries to life-threatening conditions.
Injuries caused by highway crashes include:
- Neck and back injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Amputations and loss of limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Broken bones and fractures
The damages from a highway accident often include physical injuries. However, victims also suffer financial losses, such as property damage, medical bills, and income loss. They also experience pain and suffering, including physical, emotional, and mental suffering.
Who is Liable for a Highway Crash in Fort Lauderdale, FL?
However, other parties could also be liable for a highway accident. A government entity that failed to maintain the highway or designed a defective section of road could be liable for damages. If a defective automobile part was a factor in the cause of the crash, the manufacturer could be liable for damages.
Our accident attorneys in Fort Lauderdale carefully analyze the cause of the crash to identify each party who might be liable for your damages. By doing so, we maximize the chance for a successful outcome for your injury case.
Schedule a Free Consultation With Our Fort Lauderdale Car Wreck Lawyers
If you or a family member were injured in a highway crash in Fort Lauderdale, call our office for a free consultation. Our Fort Lauderdale highway crashes lawyer will review your case and provide an assessment of your legal options.