According to the Federal Highway Administration, more than 50% of all injury and fatal traffic accidents occur at intersections each year. This means that you may, at some point, find yourself impacted by a car accident of this nature. If you do, it is important to understand your rights and what you can do to protect them.
Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help if you or a loved one was injured in an intersection crash in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. We offer free case reviews, and thanks to our contingency-fee arrangements, you pay no attorney’s fees unless we recover compensation for your claim. Contact us today to learn more by calling 954-287-0566.
Table of Contents
How Our Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers Can Help After an Intersection Crash
Our legal team has nearly three decades of experience working with injured people in South Florida. We are familiar with the area, and we understand that Florida roads are sometimes dangerous for motorists and other road users.
We want to help you hold negligent parties accountable for their carelessness and help you collect the compensation you need for medical expenses, lost income, and other damages you suffered as a result of such carelessness.
When you hire our Fort Lauderdale, FL law firm, you can count on us to:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident and identify all parties who are potentially at fault
- Explain how Florida’s no-fault auto insurance and pure comparative fault laws may affect your claim
- Ensure you receive adequate medical care and discuss your prognosis and future needs with your care team
- Gather strong evidence to establish liability and the full extent of your damages
- Accurately document your damages
- File insurance claims and negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf
Reach out to our Fort Lauderdale car accident attorneys today for your free, no-obligation consultation.
Dangerous Fort Lauderdale Intersections
Fort Lauderdale is a bustling city with an active tourist industry.
Because of these factors, there are many dangerous intersections in and around Fort Lauderdale, including:
- Sunrise Boulevard and Andrews Avenue
- A1A and Las Olas Boulevard
- Alton Road and Dade Boulevard
- West Oakland Park Boulevard and NW 50th Avenue
- South Flamingo Road and Pines Boulevard
- Okeechobee Boulevard and North Military Trail
Interstate 95 and State Road 84 are also known for many dangerous intersections across their expansive span.
Common Types of Intersection Accidents in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Intersection accidents can take many forms, including:
- T-bone accidents – A t-bone accident occurs when the front of one vehicle hits the side of another vehicle, forming the letter T. These accidents often occur at intersections when a vehicle turns left into the path of an oncoming vehicle.
- Rear-end collisions – A rear-end collision occurs when the front of one vehicle collides with the back of another vehicle, often due to distracted or inattentive driving.
- Sideswipe collisions – A sideswipe collision occurs when a vehicle drifts into an adjacent lane, hitting the side of the other vehicle. Because airbags are less likely to be installed in the sides of vehicles, sideswipe collisions can cause serious injuries.
- Frontal impact accidents – A frontal impact accident occurs when vehicles traveling in opposite directions hit each other head-on. Because the force involved in head-on crashes can be great, they often result in serious injuries or deaths.
An experienced car accident lawyer can investigate what caused your accident and who is responsible for compensating you for the damages you suffered.
What Are Common Causes of Intersection Crashes in Fort Lauderdale?
Intersection accidents can occur for various reasons. Because multiple vehicles and accounts may be involved, it often requires a thorough investigation to determine the factors that contributed to the cause of the collision.
Most intersection accidents are due to driver negligence, including:
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Failing to yield the right-of-way to other drivers
- Turning in front of approaching vehicles
- Following too closely
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
Intersection accidents can result in serious injuries.
Common Injuries Victims Suffer in Intersection Accidents
Every car accident is different and involves different factors, such as:
- The direction each vehicle was traveling
- The position of occupants in the vehicle
- The point of impact
- The age, health, and history of injury victims
- The speed
- How much in advance the occupants had to prepare before colliding
- The type of crash
Some of the injuries that can result from intersection accidents include:
- Fractures and broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Head and neck injuries
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Soft tissue injuries
Our legal team will work hard to recover the compensation you need after suffering a serious injury.
Contact Our Experienced Fort Lauderdale Car Accident Lawyers for Help After an Intersection Crash
If you were injured in an intersection accident because of the negligence of another driver, we are here to help. Schedule a free consultation with an experienced Fort Lauderdale car accident attorney from Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers by giving us a call today or contacting us online.