Did you recently suffer injuries while working in West Palm Beach, Florida? Regardless of who’s at fault, you may have the right to recover benefits through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. However, your employer and their insurance carrier will not be eager to cut you a check for the full value of your injuries and losses. That’s where the West Palm Beach workers’ compensation lawyers at Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help.
Since 1996, attorney Gregg Hollander has been an ally to injured laborers throughout South Florida. He’s built his career on advocating for workers’ rights and helping them secure maximum benefits after they’re injured on the job.
You deserve an award that reflects the full value of your workers’ compensation claim for benefits. Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers for help making that a reality. We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation and are available to take your call 24 hours a day at (561) 556-7873.
How Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers Can Help You Pursue Workers’ Compensation Benefits After an On-the-Job Accident
Benefits under your employer’s workers’ compensation policy may be guaranteed, but getting cash in your hands isn’t always easy. Your employer won’t want their premiums to rise, and the insurance company is more interested in profits than helping you get better – so expect them to fight you every step of the way.
Your employer and their insurance company have resources and power – and you’ll need to match that. Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers can help. Award-winning West Palm Beach personal injury lawyer Gregg Hollander has 28+ years of experience handling tough cases like yours. During that time, he’s helped his clients win millions from insurance companies, employers, and other tough defendants.
When you choose Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers, you’ll have the opportunity to focus on recovering and getting back to work while we:
- Investigate your workplace accident and gather evidence that can help to support your claim for benefits
- Determine if you may have a legitimate third-party action to recover additional damages
- Consult with medical experts and vocational specialists to ensure that your claim is valued properly
- Negotiate with your employer’s insurance provider and other involved parties
- Appeal denied claims or decisions that don’t reflect the true extent of your injuries and loss of income
Many on-the-job injuries can keep you out of work for a considerable period of time, which can be a devastating financial blow. We don’t want you to be prevented from getting the legal assistance you deserve because you think you can’t afford it. That’s why our personal injury attorneys in West Palm Beach work on a contingency fee basis. You don’t pay us a dime unless we win your case. No excuses, no exceptions.
Contact our law office in West Palm Beach, Florida, to arrange a free consultation to learn more now.
What Is Workers’ Compensation?
Getting hurt in a West Palm Beach workplace can have ripple effects across your life. Medical treatment can be expensive – and bills can stack up quickly. If you’re unable to work – even for a short period of time – the financial consequences can be catastrophic. It can be a real struggle to make ends meet.
Given the risks that many employees face at work, Florida requires most employers to carry a special insurance policy that covers the costs of work-related injuries.
Workers’ compensation is a no-fault system that provides benefits to injured workers and protects employers from endless litigation.
When you recover workers’ compensation, you generally waive your right to file a lawsuit against your employer (even if they did contribute to your workplace accident).
Do I Qualify For Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
All private employers with four or more employees are required to purchase coverage. All construction employers in the state with at least one employee must have workers’ comp coverage.
So, if you’re an employee in the State of Florida, there’s a good chance that you’ll be covered by workers’ compensation if you get hurt on the job.
If your employer has coverage, then you’ll qualify if:
- You’re an employee (not an independent contractor), and
- You’ve suffered an injury or developed an occupational illness or disease in the course of your employment.
In other words, you were performing job-related responsibilities and got hurt in the process. You don’t necessarily have to get hurt at work for workers’ compensation to apply.
For instance, you could get into a car accident while running errands for your boss or driving a truck, and workers’ comp could cover the costs of your medical bills and lost wages. All that matters is that you got hurt on the clock while performing job-related responsibilities.
What Benefits Are Available Under Florida’s Workers’ Compensation System?
So what exactly will workers’ compensation cover if you get hurt while working in West Palm Beach? Unlike other types of personal injury claims, you’ll be limited to what’s permitted under Florida state law.
Benefits can include:
- Medical expenses: your employer will cover the costs of all reasonable and necessary medical treatment, but there’s a catch. You can’t seek treatment from your own personal provider. You’ll have to go through a doctor that’s been pre-approved by your employer’s insurer.
- Temporary total disability: if you’re completely unable to work, you can recover two-thirds of your average weekly wage (up to a maximum set by law)
- Temporary partial disability: if you can work, but on a limited capacity, you can recover damages to make up for the difference in your pre and post-injury wages
- Impairment income: if you still have an impairment once you reach maximum medical improvement (MMI), you can receive benefits to offset your reduced earning capacity based on your impairment rating
- Permanent total disability: if you are unable to engage in any type of employment after you reach MMI, you can recover up to two-thirds of your average weekly wage (pre-injury) for the duration of your disability
Death benefits may also be available to family members who experience the loss of a family member in a fatal workplace accident in West Palm Beach, FL.
Can I File a Lawsuit if I Recover Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
Just because you waive your right to sue your employer (in most situations) doesn’t mean you give up the right to file a lawsuit entirely.
If a third party contributed to your workplace accident or injury, then you may have a legitimate claim against them.
Potentially liable parties could include:
- Property owners
- Motorists, if you were in a car accident or truck accident
- Manufacturers of defective or dangerous equipment
- Government agencies
When you file a lawsuit, you give yourself the opportunity to recover compensation that’s not provided under the Florida workers’ compensation system.
- Present and future medical expenses
- Lost wages and income
- Nursing assistance
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Emotional distress
- Depression and anxiety
- Reduced quality of life
Additionally, punitive damages could also be awarded if there’s clear and convincing proof that the defendant acted intentionally or with gross negligence.
What’s the Time Limit For Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim in Florida?
You’ll have to comply with many rules, regulations, and procedures if you want to recover workers’ compensation benefits after your West Palm Beach workplace accident.
An important one involves providing notice to your employer.
Florida law gives you 30 days from the date of your accident to report it to your employer. If you fail to do this, you’ll potentially give up the right to recover benefits under their workers’ compensation policy.
If you miss the deadlines that apply to your workers’ compensation claim, you’ll miss out on the benefits that you need. Don’t let that happen. Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers and discover how our West Palm Beach personal injury attorneys can help you work toward a meaningful financial recovery.
Schedule a Free Consultation With an Experienced West Palm Beach Workers’ Compensation Lawyer
Have you suffered a debilitating work-related injury or illness in West Palm Beach, Florida? Contact Hollander Law Firm Accident Injury Lawyers. You may have the right to receive workers’ compensation benefits for your medical bills and lost income. Our West Palm Beach workers’ compensation lawyers will stand beside you and fight to ensure that you get every cent you deserve.
We offer a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Call our Palm Beach County law office, conveniently located in West Palm Beach, to set up a time for yours today. If you can’t make it into the office, home and hospital visits can be arranged.
Visit Our Personal Injury Law Office In West Palm Beach, FL
Our personal injury law firm in West Palm Beach, FL also provides:
- Amputation Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Assault Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Aviation Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bicycle Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Birth Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Boating Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Brain Injury Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Bus Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injury Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Car Accident Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Catastrophic Injuries Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Child Injury Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL
- Civil rights/police brutality lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Construction Accident Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Cruise Ship Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Dog Bite Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Electric Scooter Attorney In West Palm Beach, FL
- Lyft Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Maritime Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Mass Transit Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Medical Malpractice Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Motorcycle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Negligent Security Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Nursing Home Abuse Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Premises Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Product Liability Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Recreational Vehicle Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Sexual Assault Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Slip and Fall Lawyers in West Palm Beach, FL
- Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Taxi Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Train Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Truck Accident Attorney in West Palm Beach, FL
- Uber Accident Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Workplace Accidents Lawyer in West Palm Beach, FL
- Wrongful Death Attorneys in West Palm Beach, FL